Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't look at the latest GFS, RGEM and NAM runs, just God awful for us nw of NYC

WxBell is great because you can toggle the last two model runs very easy. The GFS increased amounts for most of the Hudson Valley. Do yourself a favor and try to look at a model before buying into what everyone has to say in the main forum. There's a reason that many of us are approaching 50" of snow while parts of NJ have less than 15-20".

WxBell is great because you can toggle the last two model runs very easy. The GFS increased amounts for most of the Hudson Valley. Do yourself a favor and try to look at a model before buying into what everyone has to say in the main forum. There's a reason that many of us are approaching 50" of snow while parts of NJ have less than 15-20".

0z runs tonight will settle this I think. Late tomorrow morning becomes hrrr and rap time. Honestly this may actually come down to a total nowcast with the radars given the bouncing around of the global and mesoscale models

Thank you! Every single piece of data I'm looking at is showing the HV in the trough zone also w/ the potential for some areas E of the river to receive upwards of 6". 

On a side note, how much stock do you guys put into the euro weeklies? If you look in the february thread at the link bluewave posted to the new euro weeklies, they are ugly for March, above normal temps from the beginning of the month right through mid month and by mid month they are showing the beginnings of a major shift to a trough on the west coast. Any thoughts?

On a side note, how much stock do you guys put into the euro weeklies? If you look in the february thread at the link bluewave posted to the new euro weeklies, they are ugly for March, above normal temps from the beginning of the month right through mid month and by mid month they are showing the beginnings of a major shift to a trough on the west coast. Any thoughts?

You worry too much. Chill out and enjoy the wintry weather, it's the only weather you've got.

Good day weather fans,

Current temp is 6F

High was 14F

Low - 3F

I reviewed the Mt Holly NWS forecast discussion.

Seems we have an impressive event starting tomorrow into Sunday.

WWA for 3-5 inches of snow. Talk of thundersnow and very high winds.

This event looks to add a few inches of snow to the season total.

Assumption is they are going with 15 or 20:1 snow ratios.

I am hopeful that we hit the 3 inch mark with the event.

Maybe my area gets some sort of epic snow band late tomorrow and I go to pound town and get 6 inches of fluff.

Hoping the 0 z runs beef up the qpf a little.

Best

Just looked at the GFS, and I have no idea why people were/are reacting so negatively to it. It puts most of us in the game for clipper snows, a distinct inverted trough, and maybe even some TROWAL enhancement on the back-end. That's the best run from a global model that the interior has seen in days IMO...

knowing the NYC weenie, they are holding out hope that they some how get 8 to 12 inches.

6.5F currently, just took my dogs for a walk, so cold the lungs ache after a while lol

down to 3F.

this cold snap is impressive.

the recent cold spell feels more impressive than the polar vortex 1 & 2 last year.

If Monday drops below -7 F, it will be more impressive.

During the polar vortex #2 last year, there was elevation cold that got me to -7F one night.

down to 3F.

the recent cold spell feels more impressive than the polar vortex 1 & 2 last year.

During the polar vortex #2 last year, there was elevation cold that got me to -7F one night.

I think many of us get close to that Sunday night/Monday morning

down to 3F.

That was the coldest you got last year? I'd have to check, but I think I got to around -13 or so for the lowest.

Archived