CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter '14-'15

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's Go NAM!

Are we getting sucked in or is this a trend? 

Probably sucked in, but if that kicker keeps trending north and weaker, well the further west track makes some sense. I think the NAM is normally west and over-amped at 84hrs, but definitely something interesting to see if other models move west as well.

Left home and everything was covered. Side roads were slick, got towards Greensburg and nothing. Elevation is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone

That's what happened with me yesterday. I was along the river in the city for most of the event and the snow never accumulated. The rest of you guys saw something at higher elevations or north of the city.

That's what happened with me yesterday. I was along the river in the city for most of the event and the snow never accumulated. The rest of you guys saw something at higher elevations or north of the city.

Yes it is definitely better North and at higher elevations. I am at a higher elevation near Ross Park Mall and picked up close to 2 inches yesterday and so far this morning have picked up about 1/2 inch. Snowing lightly and my temp is 31.4. No sign of rain yet.

12z NAM says gotcha. No west storm.

It still has the precip shield the furthest west, very sharp cutoff though. There are to many pieces of energy floating around in the northern stream so I don't think this storm has much chance to come any further west but still a couple of days left before any fine details come into perspective. I guess the good news is it looks fairly active per the 00z GFS into next week so if we miss out on this one we at least get to keep rolling the dice.

Teetering back and fourth between snow and rain \ drizzle. The coating that accumulated this morning has melted for the most part.

Still snowing here and have picked up about 1.5 inches of snow. I am guessing when you head back later today you will be in the snow again. That line is running similar to yesterday.

The heaviest snow is now falling with the back end of the batch.

Just passed 2 inches.

As far as Saturday goes,  now that the models are showing the storm just missing to our East, they will most likely lock in. If that is the case then we will have to move on to Monday to see if we can catch several inches from the Clipper.

Archived