• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THE PREVAILING SHIFT IN THE 12Z MODELS WAS TO CONTINUE A MORE

NORTHERLY TRACK WITH THIS SYSTEM...WHICH IS REFLECTED IN THE WPC

FORECAST...PARTICULARLY FROM LATE DAY 2 ONWARD. HOWEVER FORECAST

CONFIDENCE IS TEMPERED BY THE RUN-TO-RUN INCONSISTENCIES THE

MODELS HAVE SHOWN ALONG THE WITH DISTINCT POSSIBILITY THAT THE

MODELS MAY REVERSE TRENDS IN SUBSEQUENT RUNS.

THE PREVAILING SHIFT IN THE 12Z MODELS WAS TO CONTINUE A MORE

NORTHERLY TRACK WITH THIS SYSTEM...WHICH IS REFLECTED IN THE WPC

FORECAST...PARTICULARLY FROM LATE DAY 2 ONWARD. HOWEVER FORECAST

CONFIDENCE IS TEMPERED BY THE RUN-TO-RUN INCONSISTENCIES THE

MODELS HAVE SHOWN ALONG THE WITH DISTINCT POSSIBILITY THAT THE

MODELS MAY REVERSE TRENDS IN SUBSEQUENT RUNS.

I'm in Butler county, so looks like I'm golden, Fayette, Washington and Greene counties look to be maybe out of the picture.

GFS is horrible. **** it I am done with this threat. Its gonna be a slop storm. Enjoy your 2 inches and sleet and rain everyone.

This is what typically happens. That northern trend sucks when you're in the bullseye, or close to the bullseye, a few days out. It would have been better if it was still fringing us to the south and trended right into our area. Like I said earlier, we don't see them go back south too often once the northern trend begins.

This is what typically happens. That northern trend sucks when you're in the bullseye a couple of days out. It would have been better if it was still fringing us to the south and trended right into our area. Like I said earlier, we don't see them go back south too often once the northern trend begins.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I still think a southern trend is very possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the NAM is out to lunch too? Face it this thing is gonna screw probably AGH county on south. But keep being positive since it is clearly working!

I think everybody knows I am usually fairly positive, and that there is time for this to tick south. However, we get 3 or 4 storms like this a winter, and they mostly end up the same way.

One of the biggest was the valentine's day storm in 2007. That was forecasted to keep Pittsburgh almost all snow, and the mix line made it up into northern butler county. Pittsburgh did get hours of moderate snow, but then moved to ice. http://www.erh.noaa.gov/pit/hourlywx/hr_pit_07.02

Archived