Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter '14-'15

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome run and looks like there is a wide swath of significant snow. Hopefully this is the start of some consensus between euro and GFS.

Yeah, near perfect, to bad its Thursday not Sunday! I think by tomorrow at 00z we should start getting this nailed down pretty well, then from there just minor adjustments to track. I would think this has significantly less bust potential than those in NY had for the blizzard needing the storm to get pulled back West to verify.

Yeah, near perfect, to bad its Thursday not Sunday! I think by tomorrow at 00z we should start getting this nailed down pretty well, then from there just minor adjustments to track. I would think this has significantly less bust potential than those in NY had for the blizzard needing the storm to get pulled back West to verify.

Not quite perfect. I'd like to see a low bomb out near Richmond, VA, then crawl north-northwest to near Buffalo, NY. Now that would be perfect IMO.

Yea I agree. The GFS, NAM, and now euro have a nice strip of snow along I-70 which looks to be overrunning before the main low actually gets going. The euro leaving the suppression idea for this latest run is pretty big IMO. Still a lot of time to go but I would have been pretty pessimistic had it continued with the strung out weak look.

Not quite perfect. I'd like to see a low bomb out near Richmond, VA, then crawl north-northwest to near Buffalo, NY. Now that would be perfect IMO.

True, I meant near perfect for the pattern we have in place now.

The other thing to consider is the surface temps look to be in the 20s. 8-10 inches of cold snow followed by arctic air after is perfect. Really hoping this plays out similar to the Euro.

Not to jinx Anything. But. These are comming in order we under 3 days now till the so called start of system,,knock on wood. The models may be having a easier time getting it right this time bdcailuse it seems less complicated of a system. Hopefully they wobble they we need em too. I'm happy about these models. Gfs wobble lol

Jeff Verszyla made no mention of any storm.  Has snow shower pm Sunday and nothing Monday,  The other 2 stations mention accumulating snow,

Jeff Verszyla probably too busy doing his Super Bowl polls. Good guy, but not interested in the weather. I think you see him in sports soon.

Archived