Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter '14-'15

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's is a good call because if warm tounge slips in our area here and we get 2 inches of slop. He can say I said 3. But if we get 9. He can say I was close too. And first to give a prediction.

Exactly no need to throw huge amounts out there when this can still change. By choosing your wording carefully you can avoid some criticism.

Well now would be a good time for the north trend to stop. Can't believe 24 hours ago we were fringed to the south, quite a shift.

NAM is a bad track for sure, but we still get some snow out of it. If the other models hadn't jumped North already I wouldn't be to concerned about it since it is the NAM past 24 hours. Even the 6z GFS seemed further North than 00z. I think we are still within a reasonable window to see this end up a bit further south, or even further north.

NAM is a bad track for sure, but we still get some snow out of it. If the other models hadn't jumped North already I wouldn't be to concerned about it since it is the NAM past 24 hours. Even the 6z GFS seemed further North than 00z. I think we are still within a reasonable window to see this end up a bit further south, or even further north.

Even a bit of a wobble south would make me feel better and make a lot of difference. I don't want to see the euro and GFS go the same way as the nam this afternoon.

Seems the NAO block doesn't develop until after the storm passes.  I'll check again in 24 hours.  This is also why I don't follow models every day; way too much inconsistency.  Almost zero point in checking them until you're 24 hours or less away from the onset.

The biggest problem is sampling, it seems as the northern stream energy gets sampled better, its coming in stronger and stronger thus allowing the more amped up solutions. The only thing that can help us if that is true is better confluence and stronger Highs pushing down. I'm hoping for the best, but betting the GFS comes further North too which would put is into prime slop territory.

If the NAM is a sign of things to come, it's slop city again, especially south of Pittsburgh. Usually, when these storms start trending north this close to the event, they rarely go back south. Yeah, the 12z GFS will be a huge run for sure. If it comes further north than the 6z, we may be in for another disappointment. We'll see.

GFS a nudge south vs 6z, 850 0 line straddles the PA\MD border. Looks like the confluence was a bit stronger.

Nice to see it at least stay put and not continue with the northward jog. The Low pressure seems to get halted from making it too far north and then get shunted almost due east. It would be great if that continues. 

I would feel better if this could nudge back to the south a bit. The models do tend to underestimate that warm tongue. The 0 line being along the border is too close for comfort. Like South Park said, the 0z runs later will give us a better understanding of where this may end up. We don't want the last minute north trend that we had last weekend. That trend worked out for a lot of us. This one wouldn't.

Archived