• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter '14-'15

I think everybody knows I am usually fairly positive, and that there is time for this to tick south. However, we get 3 or 4 storms like this a winter, and they mostly end up the same way.

One of the biggest was the valentine's day storm in 2007. That was forecasted to keep Pittsburgh almost all snow, and the mix line made it up into northern butler county. Pittsburgh did get hours of moderate snow, but then moved to ice. http://www.erh.noaa.gov/pit/hourlywx/hr_pit_07.02

Yeah, I think we should wait until 00z to throw in the towel on an all snow solution, if we see it keep going north I think the writing will be on the wall. It sucks the big ones never seem to trend the right way for us most of the time.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the worst part if things really go down the toilet tonight on the 00z runs will be all the people running around tomorrow in the stores talking about the "big snow storm" that is coming while I know its going to likely be a miss.

That being said, I'm putting my optimistic hat on and say 00z tonight will be as good as 00z last night! Now, time to sip on some American Honey. :snowing:

I think the worst part if things really go down the toilet tonight on the 00z runs will be all the people running around tomorrow in the stores talking about the "big snow storm" that is coming while I know its going to likely be a miss.

That being said, I'm putting my optimistic hat on and say 00z tonight will be as good as 00z last night! Now, time to sip on some American Honey. :snowing:

I really dread working tomorrow. Between the Super Bowl and a potential snowstorm, the stores are going to be nuts. I work for a beverage company and have to service stores on Saturdays. I'll be mad if I kill myself tomorrow and we end up with slop on my day off.

Wow even I-81 mixes. Lets hope the NAM is drunk. Come on GFS. Show us some love.

Track is about the same, maybe a bit warmer... overall not something I'd throw the towel in over yet. If the GFS looks like 18z I'll have the towel in hand.. If only that high north of the storm was stronger it might be able to funnel the cold air in better.

Track is about the same, maybe a bit warmer... overall not something I'd throw the towel in over yet. If the GFS looks like 18z I'll have the towel in hand.. If only that high north of the storm was stronger it might be able to funnel the cold air in better.

I haven't completely given up, but I do have towel in hand. I'll wait to see what the GFS shows. If it shows what I think it's going to show, the towel will be out of hand. My expectations dropped when that northern trend began. Hope I get surprised.

The reason it's not over yet is Bacause there is a h up to the north ,.in the past when warm toungue invaded west pa. That h up to the north was always lacking. Maybee the northern models come back south Tommrow. In the mean time. Anything can happen ..all snow is still a possibility. So is mix. So is rain. Models are not done moving

Archived