• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Two Weeks Before Christmas roughly does Cape Cod get a White Christmas?

jamesnichols89

So does Cape Cod and the Islands get a White Christmas this year?  Models are beginning to show a more cold and more wintry period coming up for Christmas after the 18th of DEC.  GFS shows several long range potential winter storm threats, however the last one appears to be a cold front three days before Christmas.  Now the models will switch their results with consistency in the upcoming week and a half before they start to show a solution with some consistency.  The first chance for a white Christmas begins on the 17-18th of DEC.  Now will this last the full week before Christmas?  We have 7 days left to figure this one out?

I remember a Cape white Christmas in 1998 as well...1995 too.  

Did they get one in 2009? They probably did..at least upper Cape I'd think.

I'd think about 1 in 5 sounds right for climo there..perhaps a bit higher when you are up by the Canal. We don't have good coops there with snow depth records, so it's hard to get a very good feel...but some guesstimating and interpolation we can get a ballpark figure.  

I remember a Cape white Christmas in 1998 as well...1995 too.  

Did they get one in 2009? They probably did..at least upper Cape I'd think.

I'd think about 1 in 5 sounds right for climo there..perhaps a bit higher when you are up by the Canal. We don't have good coops there with snow depth records, so it's hard to get a very good feel...but some guesstimating and interpolation we can get a ballpark figure.  

Thoughts on my PM Will?

There are questions still regarding potential winter storm on Saturday and Sunday of next weekend, while there are more chances for snow afterwards, it might not be on Christmas Day or Boxing Day that we get our snowstorm, but a change to a more wintry pattern with a GLC being the catalyst towards a colder scenario forecast and a potential wave of low pressure bringing a chance for snows after the 26th.  Stay tuned!

meh,it's always the peanut gallery who snipe

Relax, nobody is sniping at him. Even though James is an epic weenie, he is also a really good poster who usually invites good discussion, just not this time.

None of us knew an epic Grinch storm was coming, that's mostly why it's funny to me now.

Archived