joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal 12/8-10/2014

famartin

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the back end snow really this pronounced?

For the Lehigh valley the weather outlets have rain for Tuesday with snow basically Wednesday through Friday?

Sent from my iPad

I have not watched the tube. A few glances at the euro and GFS. I promised myself not to do a run by run vigil and relax until the Sunday afternoon data.

Seems a bit quiet around here....which alone is an indicator of precip type ;)

Snow or rain, im surprised how dead it is in here with such a nasty storm approaching. Shore points are gonna take a hammering and with the rain yesterday already saturating the ground, it wont take much to see flooding around these parts.

I agree. It just goes to show how much AMWX (at least along the east coast) is a winter centric weather board. Personally, I think the storm, and the various model scenarios being depicted, are facsenating regardless of precipitation type.

I agree. It just goes to show how much AMWX (at least along the east coast) is a winter centric weather board. Personally, I think the storm, and the various model scenarios being depicted, are facsenating regardless of precipitation type.

Yep

I also use these events as a trigger to cycle the jerrycans.  This type of event gives me the coastal and elevation experience all in one event. Will see if my schedule opens for a on quick road trip to go from beach to 2100ft cabin on Wed.

Should be crazy

I think we all know that this subforum has been pretty quiet ever since Tom and company left to make their own forum.   I must admit, I like the calmness.  I'm not here 24-7 ;) and it can be a bit frustrating, if there isn't an active event currently in progress, to visit and see a couple hundred posts I haven't read.  A la the NYC sub-forum (which is quite busy). 

For I-95 the only hope is wraparound, but guidance has kept on the idea of a warm boundary layer behind the system which will make it difficult for light precip (as currently depicted) to reach the ground as snow and accumulate.

I agree . Fun to track regardless.

Pretty wet month so far. Could have close to 5 inches of rain on the month after this storm.

Snow or rain, im surprised how dead it is in here with such a nasty storm approaching. Shore points are gonna take a hammering and with the rain yesterday already saturating the ground, it wont take much to see flooding around these parts.

I'll add a little chatter. For us at the shore knowing it'll be a rain-only storm does make it somewhat less interesting. However I am interested to see how high the wind gets. I've had one 60mph gust this year (60,3/13)and only a couple in the 50-55mph range. Gusts of those speeds(50-60+) do seem possible with this storm. Years back seems it happened more often. Flooding could be a concern, appears possible, and checking that out might be fun. I shall post all relevant details.

Anthony.......yes.....first time it ever showed something that different from NWS and most models.....it failed. That said it has a learning algorithm that I have applied so let's see if any better this time. All that said I always defer to the NWS professionals but it is usually very good with start and stop times etc.

Interesting, didn't you wxsim have all rain for pre thanksgiving? When models showed accumulating snow?

Sent from my iPad

Archived