• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
T-day eve possible SE winter storm (11/26/14)

GaWx

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After bad overnight runs, the SREF plumes bumped back up at 09z. Perhaps the NAM will do us a favor here in a few minutes.

Yep, the 09Z run is much more encouraging.  Here are a few samples:

Hickory:

vIMsCYD.png

Asheville:

Zp3VcP2.png

Greensboro:

GfXhUIS.png

Boone:

2Oej0Rd.png

Sorry if I didn't get your favorite city.  You can run your own plumes at this link:  http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/index.php?YMD=20141124&RT=09&PRM=Total-SNO&SID=TNB&INC=ALL&NNC=&max=&min=&mZOOM=7&mLAT=35.42906773122139&mLON=-79.288746484375&mTYP=roadmap

Has anyone seen the hi-res Nam yet? NCEP hasn't updated but they are discussing it in the MA thread.

Mid 30's to lower 40's west to east in the piedmont, with lots of qpf. 850's are where they need to be at the height of the storm for I-40 north. Simulated radar has lots of yellow and orange..

Very close for places like Hickory, Mt. Airy, W-S, GSO.

By hr. 51, most west of 95 are below 0c at 850mb

Mid 30's to lower 40's west to east in the piedmont, with lots of qpf. 850's are where they need to be at the height of the storm for I-40 north. Simulated radar has lots of yellow and orange..

Very close for places like Hickory, Mt. Airy, W-S, GSO.

By hr. 51, most west of 95 are below 0c at 850mb

Mid 30s in the western Piedmont is the coldest the NAM has been with this one yet at the surface. It was torching in the low to mid 40s yesterday.

I hope Robert's call works out.

Mid 30s in the western Piedmont is the coldest the NAM has been with this one yet at the surface. It was torching in the low to mid 40s yesterday.

I hope Robert's call works out.

At this point, I think if anyone east of the mountains is going to cash in, they're going to be somewhere in either Surry, Stokes, Wilkes, Forsyth, or western Rockingham counties..

At hr 51. on the High res NAM, W-S is 37, GSO is 38, Mt. Airy is 37, but there is a pocket of lower 30's in Stokes county.

The biggest flakes I've ever seen was at 35-33 an many a time seen mcdowell hold on to all snow when places sourh an east wud be rain woodlawn I think wwre in for a treat my freind if poker serves me right.

I think we might be as well.  Many folk may be caught off guard by this one as well.  As I was telling some the other day, any snow before Christmas I count as a bonus anyway.

QPF for Atlanta has trended back in the other direction (drier). That cements my feeling that KATL won't see accumulating snow. My prediction of a T of SN will most likely be too high rather than too low as it looks right now. I still have a major problem with not seeing a solid Arctic high to the N and W providing enough low level cold air at least for the ATL area.

QPF for Atlanta has trended back in the other direction (drier). That cements my feeling that KATL won't see accumulating snow. My prediction of a T of SN will most likely be too high rather than too low as it looks right now. I still have a major problem with not seeing a solid Arctic high to the N and W providing enough low level cold air at least for the ATL area.

I agree Larry, looking at the euro from last night, I think WNC and the high county have a good shot, other than that, nada.

Archived