joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible NYC snow Wed Night or Thursday

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressive phase with the southern stream this run. The lack of blocking lets the

very amped up solution ride closer to the coast instead of out near the BM. It would

be nice to get a little less tucked in for the coastal crew in later runs. We would probably

need a slower phase for that.

Has a very Snowicane look to it . Rain to JFK and everyone W of there got blitzed .

1 OP run  so I would not be worried right on the coast . This system is deepening on every run to the tune of 15 to 18 MB in 12 hours . So I would not be shocked if there was some significant banding to the west of the best forcing accompanied with Thunder .

Has a very Snowicane look to it . Rain to JFK and everyone W of there got blitzed .

1 OP run  so I would not be worried right on the coast . This system is deepening on every run to the tune of 15 to 18 MB in 12 hours . So I would not be shocked if there was some significant banding to the west of the best forcing accompanied with Thunder .

Would like to see the ensemble mean closer to 70W than 72W. Those 2 degrees make the whole difference here

for coastal sections.

Would like to see the ensemble mean closer to 70W than 72W. Those 2 degrees make the whole difference here

for coastal sections.

At 108 your 850`s are Minus 2 with .6- .7 already fallen . At 114 there`s a warm surge but 50 miles in 4 days is a hair .

Agree a click right and most are safe.

What a great run outside of Long Island. Arguably outside of the South Shore because it's borderline north of the LIE.

Yea currently on the EURO i would be getting 33 and rain with a little front end thump and NYC west gets pasted with 6"+. Its still 5 days out so im hoping for an easterly jog so i just dont get slush.

At 108 your 850`s are Minus 2 with .6- .7 already fallen . At 114 there`s a warm surge but 50 miles in 4 days is a hair .

Agree a click right and most are safe.

Yeah, that 210KT jet entrance region could help crank out some impressive precip totals along with the phase. 

Yeah, that 210KT jet entrance region could help crank out some impressive precip totals along with the phase. 

attachicon.gifgfsNE_250_spd_096.gif

The whole column is cool and pretty uniform . There is going to be a warm punch of air because this thing is bombing and the  850`s Minus 3 and Minus 5 into the LHV BL is 32- 34 almost everywhere from Nassau County west .

I would not worry about RS line . The models are seeing the orientation better today so I like every storm here the details are a few days away .

hi im a new member just wanted to ask this question i know its still a long ways out but as the EURO stands right now would huntington in western suffolk on the north shore be seeing any snow? Just wanna have an idea for travel purposes thanks.

Best case scenario has the storm move rapidly from Hatteras to the Cape; I'm talking a forward speed in excess of 35 kts...thus limiting the potential for warm ocean air to work its way into the circulation...a slow mover would almost certainly see a changeover well into the interior...there was a November storm a few years back off the New England coast...began as snow over much of upstate NY...but it sat out over the waters east of the Cape for such an extended period that the circulation became contaminated with warm maritime air; eventually rain worked in as far west as the lower elevations of western NY state; including Buffalo..

Archived