• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 1/2 Coastal Chance?

Zelocita Weather

I think the weak inverted trough and influx of moisture from the western atlantic is real. I don't think we'll get much from the coastal storms dynamics itself.

I think it's real too. There's also small, intense 5h vort coming up from the south tomorrow morning that could further enhance rainfall.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting for the day that people stop reading his stuff and posting these same reactions. Nothing against you, but the guy is what he is. And people still bite on it every time, and post the same stuff "What a crazy forecast by JB, haha, I wonder when he will stop being so crazy omg".

I should've critiqued my statement better john. IMO his downfall is his reputation he's made for himself to have an obligation to be the first person to sniff out a threat and to be that guy who called it when the models were wrong. This situation the models overwhelmingly are against this being more than a few flakes at the end of us, however he's still grasping at straws.

I pay for his stuff because i feel he is alot better at a long range pattern recognition. He's been consistent with the winter call ( so have everyone else with cold/snowy ). However, he has shown what he expects to happen and when and the models little by little are starting to show the transition into a winter pattern slowly but surely by mid november. Hes not a terrible forecaster, just a forecaster that just leaves himself on the chopping block wayyyyy too many times.

JB is STILL grasping at those straws for this storm. Writing is on the wall that those in the NYC proper-east region may see some snow flakes towards the end. Hes convinced its going to be a good bit N&W from what the models are showing. God'damn it JB quit being so damn stubborn and save some credibility for once! :lol:

I have no idea why this is grasping at straws or how this loses credibility . This has been his idea for a week .A COLD RAIN in NYC ending as some wet snow flakes .

Either you are reading too much into what he`s forecasting and hoping for something more and you are not understanding what he is saying , a cold rain ending with a few wet snow flakes is nothing earth shattering . 

NCEP is running a parallel GFS at a higher resolution in the mid latitudes. It's much farther west/northwest than the OP GFS. For what its worth

gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_6.png

I'm not a follower of JB, but if this parallel model verified, JB would claim victory perhaps for the Pocono's & along the spline of western, northern interior New Jersey and into areas well north and west of NYC.  But again we can't go with just one model of the day.

Give me another model that has been this consistent?

Consistently craptastic? NONE! I mean for all the beatings the NAM/JMA take from us here atleast its had it brief moments of success in a life of doom and gloom. The CRAS i am almost positive at this point is being run by anthony secretly :lol:

That said this shouldnt discourage anyone here. They're are still plenty of positive signs that are pointing to another cold and stormy winter, we will have our fair share of SECS/MECS and hopefully an actual top 5 NESIS HECS ( pure wishful thinking to be honest )

If you're getting discouraged on 10/31 you have issues. If it weren't for the 11 storm I doubt anyone would even mention accumulating snow this time of year!

As far as moving forward I like a weak niño to amp up the southern jet just enough to increase the potential for miller A's. The further south a storm forms the more time it has in our swell window which for surfers kicks ass

That said this shouldnt discourage anyone here. They're are still plenty of positive signs that are pointing to another cold and stormy winter, we will have our fair share of SECS/MECS and hopefully an actual top 5 NESIS HECS ( pure wishful thinking to be honest )

From NWS:  Rain tapers off. A few snow flakes are possible in any leftover

showers as colder air filters in. In fact...a few sref members

output measurable snow. However...the consensus is for precipitation to

end before colder air moves in.  

:mapsnow:

So the government experts still thinks its possible that one of us I say with-in 100 miles of NYC gets to see the first look at a little of the white stuff :)

The 850 mb temperatures with this system over the Southeast are very impressive for this time of year.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=SC&prodtype=discussion

..500 HPA TEMPERATURES ARE
FORECAST TO DROP IN THE -22 TO -26C RANGE WITH 850 HPA TEMPERATURES
FALLING TO -2 TO -5C. IT SHOULD BE NOTED 850 HPA TEMPERATURES OF
THIS MAGNITUDE FOR EARLY NOVEMBER ARE ABOUT 12 STANDARD DEVIATIONS
BELOW NORMAL--CERTAINLY A TESTAMENT TO HOW COLD THIS AIRMASS WILL BE.

Archived