SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to beat last season's crazy NAM runs for over the top fantasy.  They ran out of colors in the legend the snow was so deep.  Then of course it would flip to dry the next run.  Good times.

Stovepipe, so glad to have you posting again.  So, you going w/ a greenhouse for those maters?  May is early.

Stovepipe, so glad to have you posting again.  So, you going w/ a greenhouse for those maters?  May is early.

Poor man's green house.  I just have some shop lights rigged up with two by fours in the garage and a heater.  It worked well enough last year.  I got them in one month earlier this go around and will be transplanting some seedlings to bigger pots in March.  It'll be interesting to see how early we can push em.

Tnwxnut...how does the 12z Euro look? Track looks textbook...

Track is textbook, but temps are problematic.  850's between 2 and 4 with surface temps in the 35-38 range.  850's were between - 2 to -4 just 48 hours ago.  Hope we can realize a cooling trend in the coming 24-48 hours.

I know it rarely works, but maybe we can get lucky with heavy rates and dynamic cooling?  lol

12z Euro ensemble mean snow at day 13:

As you can imagine, some of the individual members just bury the valley. The control wasn't terribly impressive although it did look nice for far northeast TN.

Bury is right. I count approx 27/51 that are 6+ for extreme ne TN, about 17/51 for KTYS, and about 10/51 for BNA. Pretty impressive ensemble snowfall output over the next 15 days and a very impressive mean!

Not so serious snowfall map with a VERY serious question. Can we just cash out with this (from 0z GFS) and call it a winter??  I vote yes.  Wish it worked that way......lol

attachicon.gifSnowfall 384hr output 0z GFS 01212015.png

Waiter! Check please!!!

Given our winter so far, I'll be happy with a heavy frost! Hope our middle/west Tennessee forumites cash in this weekend even if our portion of the valley does not! 

Been on the road, but WOW at the eps individuals. Will post later or share via pm....

Not as colorful as yesterday's but there are definitely some doozies in there especially for TRI, several good ones for CSV, BNA, MKL, and MEM.  TYS and CHA look bleak.  The interesting thing (for those of us left out of the Friday potential) is that there are hints of members sniffing out another snow storm late in the period, so there is a glimmer of hope.  I'll say it again, I really like ensembles for getting a feel for potential in the medium to long range (as opposed to clinging to op runs).  It's a great tool for setting exuberance levels haha.

Archived