Coastal Storm September 25-26th.

IsentropicLift

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS SREF mean looks like it has the best handle on the rainfall so far

and has the steadiest rains this morning followed by more showery lighter

rains winding down this afternoon.

Take a look at the radar and the HRRR, does this look like it's going to start winding down soon?

The radar had been getting weaker and weaker with every frame. I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing this.

It's because of the deformation band which is now lifting north of your area and into mine. It has resulted in some subsidence on either side. I just don't see how things are going to clear out. The surface low is nearly stalled.

It's because of the deformation band which is now lifting north of your area and into mine. It has resulted in some subsidence on either side. I just don't see how things are going to clear out. The surface low is nearly stalled.

The steadiest stuff is done by 18z with only lingering light showers or drizzle after.

I don't think we'll clear out. I think even with the low in no hurry to leave it just won't be producing any significant precipitation to make any large impact on the totals.

Even as the event was almost upon the region, the 9/25 0z ECMWF printed out some amazingly low QPF figures. The following are the ECMWF figures for select cities and total rainfall through 9 am:

ECMWF09252014_1.jpg

Nice table, I hope to see you update it throughout the event.

0.23" so far here, much less than radar estimated. I'd be surprised to record more than 0.5" for the event. Low level dry air's eating away at the precip shield.

Its hard to tell. The radar shield looked good, then it started to weaken, now it looks pretty good again but doesn't have too much heavy rain embedded just steady light to moderate rain.

This may end up being more of a duration event than heavy rain. Since the NAM has the rain lasting through tonight we may get our 1-2" amounts rather than seeing it all in 6 hours like the models were previously showing.

The NAM doesn't clear things out until after 2AM. The HRRR breaks things up for awhile before filling back in this afternoon. I think the game tonight is in real question, although they would probably play in light steady rain.

It's not like Jeter hasn't had enough farewells already. Its the risk you run with baseball and having no days off for make ups at the end of the season. Obviously if the game was meaningful they'd have to squeeze it in before Monday

Archived