• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
iPhone 6: Barometer

Eastatlwx

I am not an Apple fan. Hate how they try to make you have to have all Apple stuff to work with it properly. I have had people switch from iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy and they can't get messages from people with iPhone a now.

That's because your people just turned in their iPhone without deactivating it but kept the same number on their new phone. The iPhones of the people sending messages must already have your peoples number in their phone as an iPhone. When an iPhone sends a message to another iPhone it uses a propriety format, the advantage of which is it doesn't count as a text message.  It's left over from the days when text messages cost extra.  User error.  Have "your people" send a message from their new Samsung to the people who have iPhones and the iPhones will realize that that number is now a Samsung and will revert to normal text messages.  It sometimes takes more than one time but I've never known it to take more than three.

That's because your people just turned in their iPhone without deactivating it but kept the same number on their new phone. The iPhones of the people sending messages must already have your peoples number in their phone as an iPhone. When an iPhone sends a message to another iPhone it uses a propriety format, the advantage of which is it doesn't count as a text message.  It's left over from the days when text messages cost extra.  User error.  Have "your people" send a message from their new Samsung to the people who have iPhones and the iPhones will realize that that number is now a Samsung and will revert to normal text messages.  It sometimes takes more than one time but I've never known it to take more than three.

I don't think they should have to send a message to everyone that has an iPhone in order for it to work right again, though. It seems like an attempt to punish people from switching from an iPhone tot he better Samsung. I know people who have had trouble with using iTunes on a Windows PC, too. I just think it is shady how they try to only make Apple stuff work with other Apple stuff. And I don't think Apple is any better than the Samsung phones.

I don't think they should have to send a message to everyone that has an iPhone in order for it to work right again, though. It seems like an attempt to punish people from switching from an iPhone tot he better Samsung. I know people who have had trouble with using iTunes on a Windows PC, too. I just think it is shady how they try to only make Apple stuff work with other Apple stuff. And I don't think Apple is any better than the Samsung phones.

Did you read my post? The reason is in there. For the record, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 so I am not an Apple fanboy. I do have a question for you though. Does your tinfoil hat affect your cell reception?

Did you read my post? The reason is in there. For the record, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 so I am not an Apple fanboy. I do have a question for you though. Does your tinfoil hat affect your cell reception?

I did. And I don't think if someone switches from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy that they should have to remember everyone in their contacts that has an iPhone and send them a message so that those contacts can message them. That's bull. I just am not a fan of Apple and how they don't make their products compatible with other brands.

I did. And I don't think if someone switches from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy that they should have to remember everyone in their contacts that has an iPhone and send them a message so that those contacts can message them. That's bull. I just am not a fan of Apple and how they don't make their products compatible with other brands.

I love my iPhone and other apple products. 

I should have asked, did you understand my post, because you obviously do not. They didn't have to send them a message.  All they had to do was deactivate their iPhones Apple account before they turned it in.  It's standard procedure for anyone who trades a phone and doesn't want someone else to have the ability to get their data, history and info. In other words, your friends are kind of careless, and that is me being charitable.

Archived