joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS

jaxjagman

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flurries fell in Chattanooga, at least EB, Sunday morning; so, we are not blanked this winter. Congrats to those who enjoyed more on a peaceful Sunday morning. Hopefully this year is more than just flurries (N AL to CHA) but I've seen a couple like that '11-12 and '12-13. Fortunately the general cold pattern is still hopeful right now, but system specifics are still way up in the air. Sunday numerical modeling was so inspiring I will just post in the obs thread, lol!

Snow showers are falling in East Kentucky. Never underestimate their elevation, kind of like Kentucky or Louisville basketball, lol! We have a member in Kentucky I hope is getting some snow. I would think southwest Virginia is next. Gate City?

Tri Cties are a tougher call. Bristol could get in on the VA action. JC needs a little more northwest wind. Kingsport is not favored that wind direction but it hasn't shifted just yet. If that southeast Kentucky slight enhancement (IR satellite) makes it into Tennessee, maybe a Tri-Fecta...

Well if you got snow in Kingsport, probably safe to forecast the Tri-Fecta for the Tri Cities. Surely Johnson City and Bristol are next if it has not already started. Should we push our luck for at least flurries down into Morristown? You all enjoy!

Yep, those line like to really amp up once they cross I81.  Just had a wind gust that was easily 35+. 

Archived