Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 13-15 storm risk

Kmlwx

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monday should be OK.. we'll get storms. But shear is marginal so prob big rainers/microbursts etc. I guess that's standard for us though. Might be a window between like 21-0z for rotating storms as shear picks up but that's always a stretch around here from range.

30 kts bulk shear should be enough IMO... but we shall see.  Agree with the rest of what you are saying

In other news 12z GGEM trends backwards in favor of the old GFS runs

And the battle continues. Starting to think we won't have a good handle on this until Sunday afternoon or evening :lol: 

This feels like winter storm waffling in the middle of summer. 

I just really want to see 45-50kt bulk shear overspread a 3k cape warm sector. I'll even not make fun of snow weenies if that happens.

Yeah thats pretty rare in this area. Our severe events are cold front driven, with the flow aloft parallel to the front. Instability ahead, and any significant shear lagging behind. This looks like a typical linear mode event with bowing segments and a straight line wind threat. And some prolific rainers with the high PW and possible training.

Fixed. I can't take model battles in the middle of July lol

This should be a decent severe event. Probably favoring Monday. Given its mid July, kinda doubt the trough is going to dig too far south and go negative tilt. Pretty impressive ridge pumping in W. Canada though, so who knows. I would be happy with some frequent lightning and torrential downpours with flash floods lol. Wind damage is cool and all, but not IMBY :P

Except most people actually know what they're talking about, unlike snow threat threads.

I think the difference is most people are more objective and less IMBY focused with severe weather than snow threats. The weenie factor isn't there so much with severe.

WxBell is all borked.. Euro not coming in either.

Euro does look faster than it was but still solid. Of course it was really slow last night.. my current maps aren't hi res but that's how it appears at least. 

Euro does look faster than it was but still solid. Of course it was really slow last night.. my current maps aren't hi res but that's how it appears at least. 

Solid as in good severe storm potential?

I just want to make sure

Ryan N. Maue @RyanMaue 1m

Server crashed while I was walking to Pensacola beach. Rebooted just as Blue Angels warped across the beach. Models 12z ECMWF gets priority

18z NAM is much, much slower. Front doesn't clear the coast yet through the end of its run.

Pretty disjointed though in the mid-levels.. winds are meh most of the late day Tue.

On balance I think we're probably almost safe with not having the front pass early on Tue.. the rest is still pretty questionable. 

Archived