12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Significant Severe Events: June 14th-19th

andyhb

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally when you see velocities that intense (maxed out ~221 kts GTG), you have a violent tornado on your hands, in addition to visual evidence.

It's one of the strongest delta-v sigs I've ever seen, up there with Tuscaloosa, the Greensburg tornadoes from 2007 and 2008 and both of the El Reno tornadoes (2011 and 2013).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Greensburg EF5 2007 showing a velocity of 240 knots gtg at one point? Either that or 217 knots. That is the 2nd highest going by memory but some legendary tornadoes I don't know what was the peak value (like Tuscaloosa). 

Crazy elephant trunk tornado from the Cherry Co. cell yesterday.

https://twitter.com/stormtimelapse/status/479241404221116416

So many amazing images and video arriving this week, I'm starting to be numbed by it. Like to see video of that forming into that picture.

Just saw on the live stream posted a page back the ropes that breifly touched, hate that rain though wrapping around them! Weird directions of movement when very slow moving.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Greensburg EF5 2007 showing a velocity of 240 knots gtg at one point? Either that or 217 knots. That is the 2nd highest going by memory but some legendary tornadoes I don't know what was the peak value (like Tuscaloosa). 

Don't want to derail too much consider what's going on, but TCL was the highest I can recall off-hand @ ~247 kts. Greensburg peaked around 213 kts I believe. Another extreme velocity signature was the Mullinville-area tornado during the 5/23/08 Wedgefest. That peaked around 237 kts.

Don't want to derail too much consider what's going on, but TCL was the highest I can recall off-hand @ ~247 kts. Greensburg peaked around 213 kts I believe. Another extreme velocity signature was the Mullinville-area tornado during the 5/23/08 Wedgefest. That peaked around 237 kts.

Ok thanks for that info. That would make TCL the 2nd and Mullinville 2008 3rd.

Any streams for the Lane tornado? I got Reed's cam going as well.

EDIT: A little more than nothing, sorry!

Here our some of our favorite pictures from yesterday. Victor took pictures (over 900 to be exact, whoops) along with go pro video and I took normal HD video. Videos will be up hopefully tomorrow or the next day. 

Played the chase as a whole perfectly, didn't make one wrong decision and played it safe staying SE of the tornado as it went through Pilger and had a great view with an amazing clear slot.  The got to watch to our north as we had two violent tornadoes on the ground. 

I have video of the first big wedge before Pilger as it was wrapped it rain but have the left and right edge on video. 

Much more to come in coming days. 

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

attachicon.gif5.jpg

Wow, these photos are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing! 

Archived