• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Significant Severe Events: June 14th-19th

andyhb

I know there is a lot of peeps on this page, I wished I could get archived runs of this model, but I believe the 12/17 09z runs of this model showed that cell in NEB on 3 of the 4 members, It has had some tech problems today, but generally it has performed quite well.  MPX uses it and I have see ARX use it as well.

http://hopwrf.info/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there is a lot of peeps on this page, I wished I could get archived runs of this model, but I believe the 12/17 09z runs of this model showed that cell in NEB on 3 of the 4 members, It has had some tech problems today, but generally it has performed quite well.  MPX uses it and I have see ARX use it as well.

http://hopwrf.info/

It also performed awfully yesterday.

The mega supercell in Nebraska appears to have met its match for now, finally without a TOR warning just SSE of Allen, NE

That storm still has a huge meso, I wouldn't sleep on it given its history.

TOG with the IA cell.

Not to interrupt what's going on but anyone see this pic of the Pilger tornadoes from yesterday?  If that thing on the left is a third tornado then it becomes even more legendary.

I don't believe it was, several videos I have seen along with the stream I was watching showed only the two large tornadoes.

There is an error in the velocities near Bridgewater and there has been all night.

It's a sidelobe issue.  When the air gets stable, the radar beam bends more toward the Earth (superrefracts).  Though the main half-power beam may not reach the ground (a phenomenon known as 'ducting'), the sidelobes shooting below the main beam may duct, leading to spurious returns.

Not to interrupt what's going on but anyone see this pic of the Pilger tornadoes from yesterday?  If that thing on the left is a third tornado then it becomes even more legendary.

BqWhciUCUAAb-HR.jpg

Not sure if there actually is a third one there, but it definetly supports a couple of the claims of 3 large stovepipe tornadoes near the Pilger area

Archived