wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Hurricane/Tropical Season 2014

NEG NAO

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gulf Stream runs up the east side of FL, GA, and SC. The water temps don't really drop off until you're north of Cape Hatteras.

He may have been referencing the temps north of that point...thats one factor that makes a hurricane up the coast unlikely before 8/20 or so...the water temps while never really above 80 north of VA are much closer to 80 in alot of spots in August and September than in early July, that can enable storms to hold up better as they go up the coast than in the late summer or early fall.

Dry air is often a problem with storms that parallel the east coast, and it was definitely an issue with Irene as well. It eroded pretty much the entire southern half of the storm away. As soon as the eye hit Coney Island, it was just about over here.

Yeah I live on the shore in south brooklyn, right over bridge from breezy point, & as soon as the eye came it was sunny out. I'm ok with a miss now especially after sandy & July 4th weekend is one of if not the worst time for a storm.

Some of the main forum people starting to get concerned. Great discussion ongoing there.

A slight wobble will screw the outer banks, even 20 miles...I think their biggest concern though is wind damage if it does make it to a strong 2...the storm surge often lags behind which may prevent a Cat 2 or 3 surge.

Not per main forum mets.

Please take this  argument up with the NHC which is further E @ 8 AM than it was @ 2 AM  . 

The NAM ,GFS , EURO all saySE of the BM .  

I thought this was a miss on Mon , its posted . I stand by that . 

Please take this  argument up with the NHC which is further E @ 8 AM than it was @ 2 AM  . 

Main show here are the thunderstorms tonight..other than that some showery rains tomorrow morning into mid day from Arthur..hopefully clearing in time for the 4th fireworks

The further west track applies mainly to NC, not necessarily up the coast.

The further west track applies mainly to NC, not necessarily up the coast.

I agree , I always bought that this would get caught up in the front and get swept E in the end . 

This may cross OBX , but as it crawls N , I think the move is ENE not NE . Just an opinion . 

I agree , I always bought that this would get caught up in the front and get swept E in the end . 

This may cross OBX , but as it crawls N , I think the move is ENE not NE . Just an opinion . 

Cold front pushes through with westerlies over the mid Atlantic and Northeast..impossible for it to move north

Yes but they mentioned Maryland becoming at risk. Another shift west and we're in play.

lets make it clear that if we are "in play" it will only be from rough surf and outer showery bands here - maybe some coastal flooding in spots - no wind issues at all directly from Arthur....

lets make it clear that if we are "in play" it will only be from rough surf and outer showery bands here - maybe some coastal flooding in spots - no wind issues at all directly from Arthur....

Why? 24 hours to go, anything can happen. These are very hard to predict. The front looks like it's stalling.

Archived