CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Subtropical Moisture Heavy Rain Potential 5/16-5/17

bluewave

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z NAM has about 0.175" falling by 12z Friday morning and it's noticeably wetter over western PA which correlates well with the uptick on the latest SREF's. The 1"+ line is almost into NYC by 00z.

?

All I can say is that this is still a day 3-4 storm. On some models it's almost a day 5 storm. When do the models ever have the axis of heaviest precipitation nailed down at this range? Certainly if this was a snowstorm people would be marching to the beat of a different drum.

We'll still see heavy rains as the system moves through our area, but the jackpot looks to be west due to the

stronger ridge.

0.175".

At hour 84 the NAM still has the low to our south with ongoing rain.

KNYC looks close to .4 at 12z FRI  on the NAM to me   . Not sure where .175 falls .

Where were you referring too ? Maybe my maps are off 

The cutoff low is still there, where is your warmth? Nowhere to be found.

The 12z GFS even gets some precip in here on Monday night with 850's below freezing in NJ.

Yesterday was in the 80's and today 60's and sun. Where is all this rain you promised? And temps in the 50's? Euro dry slots Friday and Thursday will be warm..

The cutoff low is still there, where is your warmth? Nowhere to be found.

The 12z GFS even gets some precip in here on Monday night with 850's below freezing in NJ.

Nowhere to be found?  It's in the 80s just a couple hundred miles south.  It's beautiful outside right now, upper 60s and sun.  Sorry it can't be miserable for you though!

Nowhere to be found?  It's in the 80s just a couple hundred miles south.  It's beautiful outside right now, upper 60s and sun.  Sorry it can't be miserable for you though!

You need to stop letting the fact that you don't like me clog your judgment. It's May, ooooh there are 80's in Virginia, shocker.

You need to stop letting the fact that you don't like me clog your judgment. It's May, ooooh there are 80's in Virginia, shocker.

I think you need to review what you post sometimes.  It's May, there's plenty of warmth to be found.  Join us in reality please.

Archived