• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Subtropical Moisture Heavy Rain Potential 5/16-5/17

bluewave

I think you need to review what you post sometimes.  It's May, there's plenty of warmth to be found.  Join us in reality please.

So if the GFS doesn't show any sustained warmth for the next 7-10 days I'm not allowed to post that? And if it's not in this area, who cares? Does it matter if it's 90 degrees in DC and 70 in NYC?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if the GFS doesn't show any sustained warmth for the next 7-10 days I'm not allowed to post that? And if it's not in this area, who cares? Does it matter if it's 90 degrees in DC and 70 in NYC?

I think posting any 7+ day GFS map should merit an automatic ban, but that's just me.

GFS now looking like the Euro. Delicious pattern upcoming.

gfs_namer_228_500_vort_ht.gif

Where was this all winter?

gfs_namer_240_500_vort_ht.gif

Here is the corresponding surface map

gfs_namer_228_10m_wnd_precip.gif

gfs_namer_240_10m_wnd_precip.gif

:whistle:

f240.gif

We might hit close to 90 degrees next Wednesday before we cool back down towards the end of the week.

f156.gif

Those maps were all warranted at the time they were posted. It depends on the context. Do us all a favor and stay out of this.

Who says they are blatantly wrong? You? Just because they were long range makes them wrong? Those maps have a time and a place.

Show me the rule?

You're not an admin and you're not a mod and you don't own the site so kiss off.

And if you don't like what I'm posting, put me on ignore.

You asked for 7+ day maps you posted, claiming there werent any. I provided proof you have, in fact, posted those maps. End of story.

You asked for 7+ day maps you posted, claiming there werent any. I provided proof you have, in fact, posted those maps. End of story.

The discussion was regarding 850mb temps. And for Monday night of all things.

If you don't like cold and snowy in the winter or warm and sunny in the summer you get ridiculed until you can't take it anymore.

I get it, you don't like cool and rainy in May, too bad.

The discussion was regarding 850mb temps. And for Monday night of all things.

If you don't like cold and snowy in the winter or warm and sunny in the summer you get ridiculed until you can't take it anymore.

I get it, you don't like cool and rainy in May, too bad.

LMAO, too bad?  It's sunny and 70 out, San Diego weather out there.  This has been a great May so far, looks to continue.

LMAO, too bad? It's sunny and 70 out, San Diego weather out there. This has been a great May so far, looks to continue.

Im still trying to figure out how showing him he did in fact post 7 days maps somehow means i dont like rainy weather, or something. Lol

You expect me to fall for that crap? Maybe someone else would but not me.

This is all about driving an agenda and attempting to discredit me.

Do you own stock in tin foil? I dont care what kind of weather you like...stop posting stuff that is untrue, its pretty simple. You act as if im the only one who has called you out for your posts. You can choose to "fall" for whatever you want. Seems youre admitting the context in which you posted 7 day maps was to upset people who dont like the same weather as you. Is that appropriate on a (sort of) respected website?

Do you own stock in tin foil? I dont care what kind of weather you like...stop posting stuff that is untrue, its pretty simple. You act as if im the only one who has called you out for your posts. You can choose to "fall" for whatever you want. Seems youre admitting the context in which you posted 7 day maps was to upset people who dont like the same weather as you. Is that appropriate on a (sort of) respected website?

I do understand some of the frustration...those who stick their neck out more trying to forecast are going to get their balls busted alittle more than those of us who know we dont have the knowledge to do that a lot of the time. It may not seem fair...but thats the way it works.

What if I told you that it's overcast here with a few sprinkles mixed in.

We're supposed to all be adults here and we're supposed to be able to post about all kinds of weather.

That means that if the models are showing cool temperatures and rainy weather it shouldn't be ignored just because it gives certain posters a sour taste.

The real reason I keep posting about loving heavy rain is because you'll have driven me to the point that I root for rain just to be spiteful.

You snap at the slightest hint of a disagreement with you or a challenge to your posts, and you are telling US about acting like adults?  Forgive me for pulling out the old kettle-black metaphor.

I shouldn't be ridiculed when I make a post about cool 850mb temps on day 6.

All the models have it and it's well advertised.

That's my main point. It always seems as if every single one of my posts is heavily scrutinized.

When they show below 0 in what will be late May?  Yes, yes you should.

Every single thread doesn't involve cold and snowy in the winter and hot and sunny in the summer turns into a banter thread.

Youre seeing things you want to see because youre overly sensitive about it. The type of weather has nothing to do with it. I hate hot weather.

When they show below 0 in what will be late May?  Yes, yes you should.

If it verifies close to that or to exactly that you will look pretty foolish questioning it in this manner right now. Considering your attitude towards the depiction, I actually hope it verifies and quite honestly I'll thoroughly enjoy it. I miss my winter coat and sweaters already.

If it verifies close to that or to exactly that you will look pretty foolish questioning it in this manner right now. Considering your attitude towards the depiction, I actually hope it verifies and quite honestly I'll thoroughly enjoy it.

We're talking day 6 here and we're talking a blocky pattern with a large ULL over the area or over New England. The 12z ECMWF has 850mb temperatures in the 4 to 0C range for much of next week. To see those temps is not out of the question due to the pattern in place.

We're talking day 6 here and we're talking a blocky pattern with a large ULL over the area or over New England. The 12z ECMWF has 850mb temperatures in the 4 to 0C range for much of next week. To see those temps is not out of the question due to the pattern in place.

Agreed. As always it is a potential outcome of many outcomes. At day 6 it can't be ruled out just because typical climo says so.

The 12z ECMWF has 2M temps in the upper 40's from NYC N & W with showery, rainy weather for Monday afternoon.

Wow.  That would blow for this time of year, but the pattern suggests it could be a reality or something close to it.

As Oscar said to Felix after throwing the linguine on the wall: "I like it." Lol! :D

12z Euro has 3-4 inches for central PA.  1.5-2 inches for NYC area, more west, less east-most of it falls Friday

The subtropical feed is really impressive on the Euro as it has a 6hr max NW of DC of 2 inches which it rarely shows.

66-72hr max

Archived