joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Warm season 2014 thunderstorm thread

famartin

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wound up with another 0.25 here last night - that makes 4 weeks in a row where we've gotten about 0.25" a week or per storm. Things have been drying out here somewhat too, actually got the sprinklers out over a week ago (have a well). It does look like there's good chance we could exceed .25" in a storm over the next couple of days. We shall see.

If I can't get some rain today or tomorrow, it may never happen. This 76° dew point has to amount to something.

That was much more like it, rainfall-wise. Some wind, a little more lightning, and a nice heavy shower for about 15 minutes that put down about a half inch of rain. Seems likely there was more to the south and east of here, but it was nice to break the quarter inch streak. 0.75" for the week so far. Nice looking cloud formations off to the east after it passed through.

Tornado warning for Burlington Cty

TORNADO WARNING FOR...
CENTRAL BURLINGTON COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

* UNTIL 845 PM EDT

* AT 818 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR MEDFORD...
OR 13 MILES EAST OF CAMDEN...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH.

* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...
LUMBERTON BY 825 PM EDT...
MOUNT HOLLY BY 830 PM EDT...
PEMBERTON BY 835 PM EDT...
WRIGHTSTOWN...JOBSTOWN AND 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF COLUMBUS BY 840 PM
EDT...
BROWNS MILLS BY 845 PM EDT...

Recorded 49mph wind gust in my location.. I think it was about 8:15pm.  Although my Advantage Pro showed 8:45am.  Must have been the result of all these power surges.. 

First time I've seen the trees almost go horizontal.  The lightning was just unreal.  Thankfully, the power didn't go totally out.  

Did you respond with what roads?  :D

I was pretty surprised when I saw the tornado warning. Not sure if we got winds related tornado, but for 15 seconds, we got probably 20-30 mph winds. The tornado passed to our north though. Another surprise was the second storm that just moved through. Apparently, we got 0.55 inches of rain, which my yard really needed.

Damage in Atlantic County.  Lightning strikes in Galloway (2 confirmed by FD, one at a house causing electrical damage and another on a pole resulting in wires down and road closures (Pitney Rd.)) with the line that went through in past 45 minutes.  More activity in Egg Harbor Township but unconfirmed regarding type of damage.  North Central Ocean getting hammered right now.

Archived