joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-27 2014 potential storm...

famartin

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been away for the last week with the Phightin Phils in Clearwater but back for our last potential winter weather event of the season. The latest Wxsim with 6z data has trended a bit snowier here is the run down for NW Chester County

Snow arrives on Tuesday AM with moderate snow by 10am temp at 27.9

Moderate Snow at 1pm temp at 32.1 with 1.5" snow so far

Moderate Snow at 4pm temp at 31.2 with 2.5" snow so far

Snow winds down by 7pm with a total of 3.0"

All that said the time of day could be a bit of a limiting factor so a couple inches looks like a possibility as Chester County makes a run at the 80" mark for snow this season

Not saying it would be a crippling snowfall. Just wouldn't sneeze at it, myself. Maybe you and I have a different sneeze threshold? I would take one last light accumulation to top of my winter of unending 2-3 inch events. Especially since it would melt in under a day regardless.

Not saying it would be a crippling snowfall. Just wouldn't sneeze at it, myself. Maybe you and I have a different sneeze threshold? I would take one last light accumulation to top of my winter of unending 2-3 inch events. Especially since it would melt in under a day regardless.

You're not quite understanding me, since that QPF would not be 10:1 ratio snowfall.  Significantly lower than that.  And with most other guidance drier... 

I understand you completely. I don't think you understand me. My point was that the Euro was .4 to .5 qpf of snow. I realize that with sun angle/lighter rates it would be a minor accumulation. Any accumulation March 26th is pretty rare though so I wouldn't sneeze at it. Not saying its a 5 inch event. Just saying its worthy of discussion especially since it's a bit of a change from recent runs on a storm we've really been out of the running on for days. The reaction here was that the Euro was a disappointment or non-event when this run was actually quite a bit better even if the end result wasn't a significant snowfall.

I understand you completely. I don't think you understand me. My point was that the Euro was .4 to .5 qpf of snow. I realize that with sun angle/lighter rates it would be a minor accumulation. Any accumulation March 26th is pretty rare though so I wouldn't sneeze at it. Not saying its a 5 inch event. Just saying its worthy of discussion especially since it's a bit of a change from recent runs on a storm we've really been out of the running on for days. The reaction here was that the Euro was a disappointment or non-event when this run was actually quite a bit better even if the end result wasn't a significant snowfall.

0.4-0.5" of qpf over 12-18hrs in late march would not be 2-3".

My point was the Euro doubled qpf. That's all. I would certainly take my chances on getting a couple of inches of snow out of .5qpf if this one model run scenario played out which as I prefaced my initial post is unlikely.

SREF are also around .5 qpf with a mean of 4.85 at KPHL. Obviously it's the SREF at longer range still. Just reporting the model output. No need for 30 posts pointing out how unreliable the SREFS can be...

My point was the Euro doubled qpf. That's all. I would certainly take my chances on getting a couple of inches of snow out of .5qpf if this one model run scenario played out which as I prefaced my initial post is unlikely.

SREF are also around .5 qpf with a mean of 4.85 at KPHL. Obviously it's the SREF at longer range still. Just reporting the model output. No need for 30 posts pointing out how unreliable the SREFS can be...

the problem is that the Sref's have the inverted trough set up right over the area.  These are notoriously hard to pinpoint this far in advance, and we usually aren't in the best location to cash in.  

Archived