joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-27 2014 potential storm...

famartin

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, west is a bad word...I meant to say it is wetter with that frontogenesis band or whatever you want to call it around DCA...

yeah, unfortunately doesn't help around here.   That band is a good way to get accumulation even during the day....DC make sneak a couple of inches out of this.

According to my records we had 3.25" of snow here on 3/25/13....while it seems unlikely we'll get that here tomorrow, there seems to remain enough uncertainty with the details that for now, well, can't totally rule it out.

My expectations are somewhere between a coating and 2", where have I hear that before?

Yup, could be dusting off the Cape May webcam link tomorrow night. Are you down that way?

Yeah Dennis Twp off of Route 47. Got 10"+ last Monday and around 5" on 3/3. Been an incredible month for snow down here. Gfs not on board for this storm...yet :)...don't think Euro is either

Yeah Dennis Twp off of Route 47. Got 10"+ last Monday and around 5" on 3/3. Been an incredible month for snow down here. Gfs not on board for this storm...yet :)...don't think Euro is either

fwiw, looks like the 0z gfs did move the 0.25 - .050 line up into extreme south jersey, a little wetter than 18z for there and here too...

This might not be a very meteorological analogy, but looking at the 0z NAM and RGEM, they both have a 2nd low right off of obx which looks like it wants to move up along the coast, and we do get precip from it, but just when things start to get interesting, the main low grabs it and pulls it away from the coast, like okay, let's go now.

This might not be a very meteorological analogy, but looking at the 0z NAM and RGEM, they both have a 2nd low right off of obx which looks like it wants to move up along the coast, and we do get precip from it, but just when things start to get interesting, the main low grabs it and pulls it away from the coast, like okay, let's go now.

JB still believes the opposite will occur..

Push me pull you tug of war...

(If open-minded) Only time will tell it appears!!

This might not be a very meteorological analogy, but looking at the 0z NAM and RGEM, they both have a 2nd low right off of obx which looks like it wants to move up along the coast, and we do get precip from it, but just when things start to get interesting, the main low grabs it and pulls it away from the coast, like okay, let's go now.

Yeah exactly plus that cold front push like 3/3. Almost appears to "bounce" and then NE. But goodness what a beast of a low after it does!!

Thanks ray

I saw you asking for the GGEM (zwyts, lol), from what I can tell it's a little more generous around here than 12z, now 1" or 2" as opposed to 1" or less. Extreme south/coastal jersey is a little more, looks like maybe 3 or 4", but it didn't appear to change from 12z there much.

edit: around here meaning general SEPA including Ambler.

Funny how (for now at least) with a totally different setup this is the 3rd in a row, with us riding the edge up here...

On some maps it's starting to resemble a smaller version of march 3 and 17th for them. Maybe by mid april the suppression will relax enough for us northern folk :axe:   no it will just be cold rain

Archived