joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-27 2014 potential storm...

famartin

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember that models swing drastically dependent on the accuracy of initially observed data.

which is why so frequently we see when 1 model swings, the others do the same. 

...wonder what specifically did it for 12z though.  (eastward shift)

Well, each run we get closer to the event, butterfly effect

Based on how the last few systems have turned out, if we don't see a significant shift west by any model by 12Z Sunday, the chances of a big hit on this one will decrease (not that they're high now, but just saying, I think you guys have til then for a "big miracle")

Based on how the last few systems have turned out, if we don't see a significant shift west by any model by 12Z Sunday, the chances of a big hit on this one will decrease (not that they're high now, but just saying, I think you guys have til then for a "big miracle")

Well this winter rocked except for the March misses

Wilmington, DE: 55.4" for the season and 35.8" above the seasonal norm, and this storm missing east is going to be painful? My God, what more do some of you guys want???

I find myself thinking the same thing often enough lately ;)

But to answer your question:  They want a record season. 

Models have bee amazingly consistent with this storm compared to many of the previous ones.  I sort of like the fact that right now we are not in the bulls eye.  How often when we are in the perfect position 3 or 4 days out does the track remain the same on D-Day?  Sure the track could end up further east or west but I would rather be pleasantly surprised  come Tuesday by a track further west than be in a perfect position for a long period of tracking only to have the track go to further east or west which frequently happens. The way things stand now the track is so close I won't write it off until radar proves we aren't getting a decent snow.

It is becoming clear this storm will be well off the coast. Unless 12z starts the westward trend I think its almost time to pack it in on this one for the big cities (except maybe Boston). I know 0z ticked west but we need a trend to begin..

Hoping the 12Z runs come in better. :whistle:

This season has taught me to be very pessamistic with storms.

If nothing changes by the 0Z runs, I agree that the " N'Easter Bomb" is for the fishes.

Hoping the 12Z runs come in better. :whistle:

This season has taught me to be very pessamistic with storms.

If nothing changes by the 0Z runs, I agree that the " N'Easter Bomb" is for the fishes.

Huh???  We are like 2nd all time snowfall here for the year?? Right?? The word Pssamistic with this winter should not be heard....Oh wait it is March 22nd too right?

Huh???  We are like 2nd all time snowfall here for the year?? Right?? The word Pssamistic with this winter should not be heard....Oh wait it is March 22nd too right?

I don't know the stats off-hand in NW NJ, but the area is a pretty large distance from Philly, and I don't think they've been blessed in the same way.

I don't know the stats off-hand in NW NJ, but the area is a pretty large distance from Philly, and I don't think they've been blessed in the same way.

We have not. Just slight above normal for my area at around 73-74 inches for the year. Last year we got 65 inches.

A big year in my area is around 100 inches.

Archived