joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it deepens into at least the low 980's, possibly 970's by hour 168 near Nantucket Island.

Okay, now you have my full attention.

Quite a few 00z individual members had nearly this exact same solution.

When you said some of the 00z EURO ensembles looked like it made boxing day storm weak i was damn thats gotta be a crazy solution but it is in the envelope of possibilities i suppose with this storm

Of course given that it is late march, storm showing just outside of the BM.....We'd usually say that this thing is coming NW!....But because of how things have turned out recently, it could go even further south. But it really bears watching. Something's gotta give. The lower mid Atlantic is not going to keep getting crushed as we head into spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you said some of the 00z EURO ensembles looked like it made boxing day storm weak i was damn thats gotta be a crazy solution but it is in the envelope of possibilities i suppose with this storm

Not comparing this storm to Boxing Day, other than the fact that it was an intense miller A. That storm occurred during the end of a raging negative NAO with strong blocking. I believe Boxing Day was in the low 970's south of Long Island.

Trenton does well, as does SE PA and southern NJ. No sense on getting wrapped up on a solution that's going to change a bunch of times.

Yea I'm def. not,  When i hear coast I think of the immediate coast, was curious how far west the precip went.

Prolly another pointless question, but o well...How are temps?

Can you imagine the full brunt of a 954 into N.S? 3 feet with 60-80 MPH raging blizzard would probably be a reasonable place to start. just wow. will be interesting to see how this develops in next 48 hours.

It's not that uncommon for them, plus they deal with recurving extra-tropical systems every year.

February 2004 had something like this. It's far from unheard of for them.

They can handle 75mph winds In winter fine. 100mph winds in summer ala Juan was another story.

This bigger deeper storm has me worried for a solution more like last week. Big super deep lows this time of year haven't been kind snow wise the last decade

Archived