• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
March Medium-Long Range Discotheque

stormtracker

last night's 2 runs of the GFS looked best for us with rain to snow, and was consistent with the progressive nature of the flow this cold season

I'll be surprised, but not too disappointed (been a decent winter so no complaints if a mid-MAR event fails), if the models don't all move closer to what the GFS is showing

you think a 1025 high is going to cause suppression??

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you think a 1025 high is going to cause suppression??

that some but also the progressive nature of the flow will keep the systems from phasing as Bob just explained the Euro was doing

the Euro loves to phase/amplify systems a lot in the day 5+ range, or so has been the case this cold season

basically, I'm just figuring the pattern of the last month+ will prevail in the end

that some but also the progressive nature of the flow will keep the systems from phasing as Bob just explained the Euro was doing

the Euro loves to phase/amplify systems a lot in the day 5+ range, or so has been the case this cold season

basically, I'm just figuring the pattern of the last month+ will prevail in the end

thanks for your explanation

I think these 2 panels speak volumes. And we're only 120 hours out. VERY different ideas. 

post-2035-0-13874400-1394207360_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-33208400-1394207382_thumb.jp

GFS weaker and further south with the lp track. I'm kinda out but kinda in but mostly in the middle. 

Still rain. Not sure which to root for. I think the GFS is a better solution for us if it's colder. 

Still rain. Not sure which to root for. I think the GFS is a better solution for us if it's colder. 

it is, but the best one would be further south, colder, and stronger

at this range, as we know, anything is possible

didn't GFS lead the way with Monday's storm coming south to give us snow? I think it did

it is, but the best one would be further south, colder, and stronger

at this range, as we know, anything is possible

didn't GFS lead the way with Monday's storm coming south to give us snow? I think it did

Problem with the GFS is it's all disjointed in the mid levels. I can only assume the Euro will "win" this battle in general.  So I guess we root for the Euro but shifted east lol. 

I may be the biggest moron on the planet, but this isnt looking too much like the March 93 NESIS 5 superstorm? Thoughts?

I think people will look for a March 1993 every March just because it's March. 

Problem with the GFS is it's all disjointed in the mid levels. I can only assume the Euro will "win" this battle in general.  So I guess we root for the Euro but shifted east lol. 

That's exactly where I'm at. Big amped up storm that passes underneath us and tracks just outside the bm.

boom

at this range, disjointed doesn't bother me any where as much as north vs. south

I doubt we get a huge storm and you won't find any where that I said I thought we would

I'm just looking for another 2-4" event for icing on this winter's cake

Euro is still wrapped and west and rain.

more like the gfs @ h5 though. Interaction with the lead vort south of us is less. We need a 75-100 mile south shift and we're in. HP to the north not impressive. Kinda on life support unless things start the trend by sunday at the latest. 

more like the gfs @ h5 though. Interaction with the lead vort south of us is less. We need a 75-100 mile south shift and we're in. HP to the north not impressive. Kinda on life support unless things start the trend by sunday at the latest. 

50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toC

Yeah, it looks better, but still a rainer.  Hell of a storm for the central PA folks though

just a reminder.....the Euro didn't shift to substantially colder for the 3/2-3/3 event until the 12Z run on 2/27, though there was some inconsequential movement colder in the 0Z 2/27 run if memory serves

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/43040-march-madness-03032014-the-euro-abides/page-6

hence, if history was to repeat, we have another couple days before we see a full blown shift south

EDIT: I note 12Z JMA today is essentially a whiff with only light precip to us and nothing of consequence in NE  (the omen?)    :weenie:

Archived