Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/13-2/14/2014 2nd Half Major Coastal Storm Discusson/Observations

Rib

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not understanding why temps are going in the wrong direction. At least the precip is getting better. Transition from heavy rain to light sleet in Newark Delaware.....temp risen about half a degree in the last hour.

dont worry about a half a degree on surface temps, it is upper level temps you should be watching

That's taking that heavy rain we had into account. Not much frozen QPF left.

Rob you might be right but if that's the case no one has much left, because if anything we have had less heavy rain.  at least by me the rain hasnt been heavy to be honest.  there is still a good 3-4 hour period where snow should be ripping.  is it going to snow 10 inches? of course not, we all knew that.  

Rob you might be right but if that's the case no one has much left, because if anything we have had less heavy rain.  at least by me the rain hasnt been heavy to be honest.  there is still a good 3-4 hour period where snow should be ripping.  is it going to snow 10 inches? of course not, we all knew that.  

I think Bluehens maybe right. I think 2 inches maybe generous unless somehow the radar explodes.

I'm estimating getting into snow in around 30 minute here in NW New Castle Co.. and it should put down a nice accumulation.  Also, the radar is filling in, the storm is pivoting and everyone is going to get a bonus snow.  Not sure why some folks are melting down.  Didn't we all get pasted with an epic storm earlier today?  ;-)

I'm estimating getting into snow in around 30 minute here in NW New Castle Co.. and it should put down a nice accumulation.  Also, the radar is filling in, the storm is pivoting and everyone is going to get a bonus snow.  Not sure why some folks are melting down.  Didn't we all get pasted with an epic storm earlier today?  ;-)

It's more that almost every single short term model was way too far east with that band even as recent as this evening.

Yes my 2" call isn't looking so crazy after all.....I was actually probably too bullish going for 2".

Thermals have been horrific all day long and the models have been underestimating warming for the entire storm.

I think Bluehens maybe right. I think 2 inches maybe generous unless somehow the radar explodes.

Archived