Newest Member
    Toothache
2/13-2/14/2014 2nd Half Major Coastal Storm Discusson/Observations

Rib

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ripping snow in the hills of West Caln

Ditto in the hills of Hereford/Longswamp.  Anyone think I'm out of line with thinking some locations end up with another 8"+?  I was out shoveling haven't had a chance to see what people are thinking on accumulations.  (I saw one map with 4-8.......looks to me like we might get the high end or even slightly more)

The HRR had the band of snow currently sitting over Allentown/Reading/Lancaster sitting over PHL-NYC a couple of hours ago. This is an unbelievable failure by all of the short term hi res models but that's what convection can do.

I told you the HRRR has been too far SE all storm, it did it overnight last night as well. 

New RAP is coming out now. By 9 PM the band is set up along a Newark, DE - Reading - Allentown - Sparta NJ line, where it stays through at least midnight.

It's 10 minutes to 9 and I'm right near Newark, and I'm not sure it's going to be here that quickly.  :)  That said, it has to come east and when it gets here it'll be fun,

I told you the HRRR has been too far SE all storm, it did it overnight last night as well. 

The 4k NAM failed as well. So did the RGEM. Pretty much every single short term model failed. Unless something unbelievable happens, this proves my theory about models not being able to handle convection.

Archived