Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Middle of Winter

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see any sleet in N Buffalo from the time the winter weather started early this AM. The harder layer here is the higher water content snow that fell before the temps dropped. But it's possible that the warm air didn't make it up this far.

I didn't see any sleet in N Buffalo from the time the winter weather started early this AM. The harder layer here is the higher water content snow that fell before the temps dropped. But it's possible that the warm air didn't make it up this far.

When I was making my deliveries on elmwood at about 1130am there was some harder pellets mixing in.  I'm not sure it true sleet, though.  

It's been snowing very lightly here the last 30 to 45 minutes...most likely an area of subsidence between the 2 heavy bands.  

...HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS INTO THIS EVENING...MODERATE TO OCCASIONALLY HEAVY SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE RESTOF THE AFTERNOON AND INTO THIS EVENING ACROSS WESTERN NEW YORK.SNOW FALL RATES OF ONE TO TWO INCHES AN HOUR WILL BE ACCOMPANIEDBY STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS THAT WILL GUST AS HIGH AS 50 MPH. THISWILL RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT BLOWING THAT WILL REDUCE THE VISIBILITYTO ZERO AT TIMES. THE STRONG WINDS WILL ALSO PRODUCE PLENTY OFDRIFTING... WITH THE UNUSUAL WIND DIRECTION PROMPTING DRIFTING INAREAS THAT ARE USUALLY NOT PRONE TO DEEP STANDING SNOW.TEMPERATURES IN THE LOW 20S LATE THIS AFTERNOON WILL DROP INTOTHE TEENS BY 5 PM...WHILE WIND CHILL VALUES WILL BE IN THE SINGLEDIGITS.

Archived