joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Annual Countdown to May 1st Thread ©

weatherwiz

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gibbs thinks cold wet June and cold summer overall. I honestly hope he's wrong but have a bad feeling we are going to have a lot of 50's and cold sectors this summer. That will mean DC will be a hot bed for severe while we rot in a miserable summer

Below-average actually isn't bad for us in terms of severe.  It would depend on the pattern...below-average temps could mean we are plagued by troughing and cold pools.  

It could also mean we are on the northern edge of the ridge...right into the strong westerlies.  

All depends on what's causing the below-average temps..if it's b/c a high pressure to our north and east well than yeah...suckage

Below-average actually isn't bad for us in terms of severe. It would depend on the pattern...below-average temps could mean we are plagued by troughing and cold pools.

It could also mean we are on the northern edge of the ridge...right into the strong westerlies.

All depends on what's causing the below-average temps..if it's b/c a high pressure to our north and east well than yeah...suckage

Maybe we could get some snow.

Where I live now tends to do "fairly" well for tstms. There is a corridor from like srn ORH county through Norfolk and nrn PYM county that seems to benefit from s coast seabreeze. I've seen it enough to not think it's anecdotal. Sometimes you also get these outflows coming off of BOS harbor to fire stuff up too. There is a water tower less than 1/4sm from my house...that has to get nailed by lightning..lol.

lolz - this puny storm (ET around 30kft) produced an F2 tornado in Torrington. This thing was like a microsupercell.

Upper left and right is 0.5º BR/SRV and lower left and right is 1.5º BR/SRV, respectively. 

Delta-V approached 50 knots before it dropped the F2 in Torrington. It also produced an F1 in Washington CT earlier.

What a weird looking storm. 

post-40-0-69382300-1394933009_thumb.png

Ryan,

If you see this do you think at some point this week you could get me a radar image from May 31st, 1998.  Particularly perhaps focused on CT (could also include E NY and W MA) from around like 8-9 PM.  I'm particularly interested in this timeframe b/c I remember a pretty nasty supercell which was moving through either southern Litchfield or northern Fairfiled county which had a tornado wanring associated with it.  I believe it was a discrete cell as well and the track had it coming pretty close to the Hartford area.  I want to say maybe like 8:20 PM or so?

Ryan,

If you see this do you think at some point this week you could get me a radar image from May 31st, 1998.  Particularly perhaps focused on CT (could also include E NY and W MA) from around like 8-9 PM.  I'm particularly interested in this timeframe b/c I remember a pretty nasty supercell which was moving through either southern Litchfield or northern Fairfiled county which had a tornado wanring associated with it.  I believe it was a discrete cell as well and the track had it coming pretty close to the Hartford area.  I want to say maybe like 8:20 PM or so?

nbqIrLi.gif

Archived