• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 31-January 2 Hybrid frisbee storm Part 2

Hoosier

Radar looking real nice for parts of central IL south of I-74. Nice banding north of STL and headed east. I think IND, BMG, CMH, etc are gonna do well.

Radar to the west of here breaking up and back edge racing east/southeast. Just a few spits of snow here currently. How quickly things change. :lol: Still an outside shot at 3" if things break perfectly. We'll take what we can get. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar looking real nice for parts of central IL south of I-74. Nice banding north of STL and headed east. I think IND, BMG, CMH, etc are gonna do well.

Radar to the west of here breaking up and back edge racing east/southeast. Just a few spits of snow here currently. How quickly things change. :lol: Still an outside shot at 3" if things break perfectly. We'll take what we can get. 

I think the banding should build north into our area later.  Or so the models say.  :guitar:

Snow is definitely being seeded by Lake Huron/St. Clair, based on the radar.

I have noticed an increase in the intensity of the snow, granted nothing impressive. Flake size has improved as well. 

Yeah there is definitely seeder/feeder banding going on, when you loop the radar you can see bands moving in multiple directions.

For whatever reason MKX decided to cancel the LE warning and lower snow amounts tomorrow...

Right as the fetch is starting to improve and returns are picking up in Racine/Kenosha counties. We'll see...

Then again, solid lake effect events are hard to come by on this side of the lake.

Right as the fetch is starting to improve and returns are picking up in Racine/Kenosha counties. We'll see...

Then again, solid lake effect events are hard to come by on this side of the lake.

I thought they would leave the warning up so they would have things covered in case things got out of hand tomorrow but i guess time will tell.

I thought they would leave the warning up so they would have things covered in case things got out of hand tomorrow but i guess time will tell.

Hope they don't end up needing to reissue a warning. That would be unfortunate.

The 3z RAP has the lake band impacting here and eastern Kane county and all of DuPage county tomorrow around 16-18z.

That looks pretty intense for me right then.

rap_ref_ncentus_15.png

RAP showing the city getting impacts at 3pm.

rap_ref_ncentus_19.png

The 3z RAP has the lake band impacting here and eastern Kane county and all of DuPage county tomorrow around 16-18z.

That looks pretty intense for me right then.

RAP showing the city getting impacts at 3pm.

Gonna bust low on my call for Naperville if that's right lol. I'm thoroughly impressed with the lake effect setup tomorrow. 12/25-12/26/10 had a very similar synoptic setup except temperatures were much closer to freezing. That still had 15:1 ratios in Kenosha.

Archived