• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2-3 Winter Storm Potential

Ralph Wiggum

I personally thought it was going to show a SECS by hour 18 at H5. It looked even better then 6z. Might be true, but also might be feedback.

H7 was nearly perfect with the GOM connection with more energy at H5. I personally would not use the EURO/GFS after 12z, and would rather use the SR and NAM/RGEM models. Interesting storm for sure. Thought all along, it would have surprises.

Thoughts on ratios? 12:1 or 15:1?

Ratios are going to be highly variable. Depending on how quickly the precip shield expands and how fast the upper level temps run away. I'd say an average of 12-15 is a good safe bet. Though again, I want to bring up partially ignoring some of the .01-.05 precip pieces progged. So I would probably cut my liquid totals by .15/.2 if you're in a fringe area (presently N. MD/SC PA)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ratios are going to be highly variable. Depending on how quickly the precip shield expands and how fast the upper level temps run away. I'd say an average of 12-15 is a good safe bet. Though again, I want to bring up partially ignoring some of the .01-.05 precip pieces progged. So I would probably cut my liquid totals by .15/.2 if you're in a fringe area (presently N. MD/SC PA)

I live N of PHL(Central Bucks County)

NAM would still give me around a foot, with ratios factored in. I will take half of that.

This is going to be very interesting to see what the 12z gfs and Euro especially show, after 4 days of wild swings and what seems to be verging on more of a consensus among models. Not seeing the Euro as the final arbiter, more curiosity. It's kind of out there by itself at this point.

h5 continues to get better and better on GFS. 12z GFS almost got the CCB going over our area where it was way offshore at 06z. 

post-205-0-62851600-1388592738_thumb.jpg

Archived