joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday Clipper System 12/17

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already had about 11-12 inches in three events within six days. I went two years from seeing snow, as last year we officially had a day of flurries here. Thus, anything we can wring out of a clipper, some with decent qpf, is welcome, to keep the snow train coming.

Last evening was treacherous on the road, North, South, East and West. I am concerned at first with the safety of our members. I want snow, but hope everyone is always safe inside, and fully respect those whose day/night jobs, put them in harm's way in bad weather.

Anyway, this system and what it will do has a predictability above the usual suspects, and therefor will be fully understood by this time tomorrow. but personally, I'm looking longer range now for something juicier on and under the Christmas trees.

Wxsim with 12z data trending stronger now has a total of 4" to 6" for NW Chester County depending on ratios somewhere between 15 and 18 to 1. Total precip is 0.29" appears to be almost 2 different waves one early AM with temps in low teens and again in the evening with temps close to 20.

Wxsim with 12z data trending stronger now has a total of 4" to 6" for NW Chester County depending on ratios somewhere between 15 and 18 to 1. Total precip is 0.29" appears to be almost 2 different waves one early AM with temps in low teens and again in the evening with temps close to 20.

While I like the sound of it, I hope your not suggesting that would happen.  4-6" from a clipper is extremely unlikely in the piedmont regions. the best locations to our northwest would be lucky to get those accums as you need to be north of the track of the low for best qpf. with clippers.  I'd so love to be proven wrong, but in our location, i think it quite a stretch.  glad to see yet another threat to track in what has been a most enjoyable start to this young winter season.

Nut

Looking like periods of light snow or even a mix south with light accumulations starting late monday night lasting thru tuesday pm. Early thinking I would guess up to an inch south of Philly...1-3" northern burbs...2-4" lehigh valley and poconos. Seems like a rather light event before we torch later this week which is fine to clear the snow/ice piles. Hopefully we settle back into this type of active pattern around Christmas.

While I like the sound of it, I hope your not suggesting that would happen. 4-6" from a clipper is extremely unlikely in the piedmont regions. the best locations to our northwest would be lucky to get those accums as you need to be north of the track of the low for best qpf. with clippers. I'd so love to be proven wrong, but in our location, i think it quite a stretch. glad to see yet another threat to track in what has been a most enjoyable start to this young winter season.

Nut

With all due respect to Paul, after following WxSim for a few years it appears that regarding final amounts, a formula of WxSim totals x .5 will put you in the ball park.

Archived