joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday Clipper System 12/17

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wxsim with 6z data shows light snow with 1st wave arriving around 330am temp 13.9

mainly periods of light snow with somewhat moderate around 930am - total liquid equiv from 1st wave 0.19" so with high ratios probably 2.5" to 4.0" (high temp during snow 24.5)

2nd wave looks very light with only .02" of liquid from around 10pm thru midnight so maybe another 0.3" of snow....

Hi Paul,

It would seem that with approximately 1" of snow and surely <.10" LE from this system in NW Chesco, the WxSim x .5 formula put us in the ball park yet again. Please don't take this as a personal attack and I look forward to your posts re what it forecasts. However, it will be interesting(to me at least) to see if the formula continues to hold as true as it has in the past. Hopefully we will have many more opportunities to try.

need to stop forecasting just after I wake up, that's what I need to do...

I busted much worse. That's why I don't get paid for it. Haha. Anyway, roads were quite poor on way home from Somerset county to Freehold. Although both areas were under 2", the ZR seemed to glaze everything since most roads weren't treated since this morning. My driveway and porch are a sheet of ice. Crappy storm but a dangerous one. The WWA's were fully warranted.

Archived