12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Pre-Thanksgiving Cold, LES/Other Snow Prospects

Geos

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up north, it was already 3F at Tomahawk (where they got some decent snow mid-week, so obviously a bit of snowcover helps), with a 6-hour low of 2F between noon and 6pm.

Now 5° and 2° at those locations!

15.8° here.

This air mass is impressive without the snow cover. Looks like Bo gets into the heavier returns within minutes now.

APX.N0Q.20131124.0140.gif

Very heavy snow and strong winds in my area currently, LES band has moved in. 

Visibility is down, cant see anything outside.

What part of the city are you located in? How's accumulation?

Band seems to be moving west rather quickly, wondering if Oakville might get on the action before this thing breaks up.

What part of the city are you located in? How's accumulation?

Band seems to be moving west rather quickly, wondering if Oakville might get on the action before this thing

breaks up.

Up in the north in Vaughan, about 8 min drive from Highway 7. Quite heavy atm, I"ll see if I can take a picture after, watching the hockey game atm, haha.

And based on the progression of this band seems like you may get a piece of this within the next hour. At this point getting a nice dusting seems viable. It seems to be weakening and retreating further north.

Edit* Still snowing moderately to heavily.

Nice radar imagery. Been watching that band, seeing if it makes it to your location.

You've got the connection to Lake Superior.

Beautiful streams of LES.

attachicon.gifLES112313_18z.png

Talk about a long band. That broken band coming off of Lake Michigan stretches all the way down to south of Dayton. Getting some snow from it here in Huntington and have already had fatality on I 69 due to icy conditions.

snowing heavily now but I'm thinking the band will begin to reorient itself and move inland more as things shift more nw.

NWS out of Gaylord added Roscommon and Crawford counties to the LES Advisorys. I'm hoping that big band that has been pounding South Boardman and Kalkaska this afternoon keeps moving east and gives our area a few more inches.

Up in the north in Vaughan, about 8 min drive from Highway 7. Quite heavy atm, I"ll see if I can take a picture after, watching the hockey game atm, haha.

And based on the progression of this band seems like you may get a piece of this within the next hour. At this point getting a nice dusting seems viable. It seems to be weakening and retreating further north.

Edit* Still snowing moderately to heavily.

I see EC finally got the Snow squall warnings hoisted.

son.png?1385260858

Although not the GTA proper.

---

14° here at 8:45pm.

I see EC finally got the Snow squall warnings hoisted.

son.png?1385260858

Although not the GTA proper.

---

14° here at 8:45pm.

EC is always slow with their warnings and weather statements. Very conservative and in the end they get bashed on for not warning the public.  

Still snowing here lightly. About 2.0cm (0.8") which brings the total today to 3.2cm (1.2"). 

0725 PM SNOW 1 N LAKE CITY 44.35N 85.21W
11/23/2013 E9.0 INCH MISSAUKEE MI BROADCAST MEDIA

SNOW DURATION 24 HOURS

0700 PM SNOW 4 W SOUTH BOARDMAN 44.64N 85.32W
11/23/2013 M8.1 INCH KALKASKA MI COOP OBSERVER

COOP OBSERVER STATION SOUTH BOARDMAN 2W
/BDMM4/ SNOW DURATION 24 HOURS

0834 PM HEAVY SNOW 6 SSW BATES 44.68N 85.49W
11/23/2013 M8.0 INCH GRAND TRAVERSE MI TRAINED SPOTTER

REPORTED NEAR SPIDER LAKE. HEAVY SNOW
DURATION 6 HOURS

EC is always slow with their warnings and weather statements. Very conservative and in the end they get bashed on for not warning the public.  

Still snowing here lightly. About 2.0cm (0.8") which brings the total today to 3.2cm (1.2"). 

Yup, EC is infamous for posting warnings once the event has actually started happening, with no watch or "heads up" prior. I remember when I lived in Vancouver they would issue a snowfall warning once it stopped snowing and reached the warning criteria level of accumulations... only to end it an hour later because, well, it was over....

Anyone have a good radar estimate for APX and GRR, for some reason the official radar isn't working for estimates.

I brought every radar to see that for myself. Couldn't find anything to show the accumulations. My guess would be the higher terrain a bit east of Traverse City is the sweet spot.

Holland is the jackpot zone off the GRR radar.

We got nailed here.  The snow started in earnest about 7 pm last night and has kept up all night.  Easily a foot outside.   We put the snowtires on my son's car who came down for the weekend from Oshawa yesterday afternoon before things really started going.   We got a small taste of what was coming yesterday morning with some snow and the local roads were a nightmare.  Tons of accidents.  Very relieved to have snows on all the cars now.   It's still snowing now and I'll have to look and see what the forecast says for the rest of the day.   Obviously the winds are still out of the NW but I think they are supposed to back around more to the west at some point today.

Down to 8° here this morning. 20", London, that's nuts!  :mapsnow: Congrats!

Great pics on here this morning.

It's been mentioned many times before, but I'll say it again. Bo, you're in snow weenie's paradise. Keep the pics coming all winter.

^ This. No kidding he is! haha. Can't wait for my first 5 or 6".

Hey, I'm in the jackpot from that map, Geos! 3"! Lol

SW lake enhanced events usually over perform quite well around here. Looking forward to it...

Currently the grass is almost covered here...1 to 2 inches with big fluffies falling lightly. The holland area 30 miles to the south got more than 5", while GR 35 miles to the east barely has a trace.

Archived