amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2013 Observations & Discussions

Rtd208

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a one degree difference in temperatures around midnight when the temp is dropping or rising fast...I'm looking at an old almanac from 1963 and on Feb. 1st the max/min was 28/18...the 2nd was 40/29...They didn't have electronic temperatures back then...it could be a miss print or typo...midnight was the max/min on six of the first eight days of February 1963...very up and down period...

I've seen a one degree difference in temperatures around midnight when the temp is dropping or rising fast...I'm looking at an old almanac from 1963 and on Feb. 1st the max/min was 28/18...the 2nd was 40/29...They didn't have electronic temperatures back then...it could be a miss print or typo...midnight was the max/min on six of the first eight days of February 1963...very up and down period...

Its not something allowed anymore.  If it doesn't overlap, its flagged.  I suspect NCDC will either make their own determination, or contact OKX for their feelings (I suspect they'll lean towards changing the low on 11/23 to 30 in that case).  It won't be allowed into the final dataset.

temp is 26 at Central Park for the last three hours...It needs to start dropping a lot faster to reach the record 19 set in 1938 with 9" of snow on the ground...

Everyone's been stuck at about the same place for a while. Was this expected?

Without Atlantic blocking, it's going to be very difficult getting any snow threats. I don't see any snow or snow threats the first half of December.

Yeah, this isn't a snowfall pattern going into December. The first week of December looks like we get our thaw from

the colder weather here recently. By week two, some of that cold out west probably filters east to bring temps closer

to normal or maybe below normal. 

First week of December looking mild now with +AO/NAO and trough in the west.

Long range progs change. In fact the month of November was forecasted to be above normal based on the long range progs from late October and even early November. It might wind up being mild in early December but I don't worry too much about anything beyond day 7.

Without Atlantic blocking, it's going to be very difficult getting any snow threats. I don't see any snow or snow threats the first half of December.

doesn't mean we won't see a repeat of the last 2 days of frigid temps in early december - BUT with no blocking the storms cut to our west unless there is a clipper that is involved in the northwest flow when it occurs which is always a possibility - but Miller A's need that blocking to lock the cold in along the coast -most of the time - could be a great period for the ohio valley and midwest though.

Archived