Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest concern for the NW zones is the northern stream kicker. As the heavy banding heads north the kicker will begin to exert some amount of pressure. If strong enough it's affects would probably be two fold. One would be to push the overall track a bit east. That alone probably not going to hurt us to much if at all depending on exactly how much east. The other part is for it to restrict a northwestward expansion of the precip shield I.e sharp cutoff. The combo of the two is the concern. If the euro begins to tick east and show signs of less precip to the NW then this concern will grow exponentially imo. But for now just something to watch.

Off topic tonight but I'm at 2 degrees already.

-1.8F here, forecast low of +2. No reason we won't continue to drop with clear skies and deep snowpack.

Went for a frigid moonlight walk earlier this evening in some open meadows, just beautiful. Afternoon-like shadows in the middle of the night with the moon reflecting off the snow.

Guest Patrick

Think this is our foot+

Current temp is 2F. Saw Sussex Airport was -8 earlier.

Nice to th see the 6Z NAM/GFS more west with the precip field.

Mt Holly & Upton NWS all are using caution due to american models

Best

Valley locations were frigid this morning.

I went down the mountain to a deep valley area in Vernon to check the temps on the way to work.

Car temp hit  negative 7.

Yup. Big differance in the valley and hilltop temps. I only went down to +6, and saw Vernon Valley reporting -6. This might be our first 12"+ storm this year.

Archived