Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you believe the RGEM, everybody south of Albany mixes and likely rains. Didn't think we'd have to worry about that.

Would be a devil's move if we went from concerns about too little snow due to being fringed to concerns about too little snow due to mix or rain. Nobody north of White Plains is going to mix.....almost guarantee it.

Don't know if any of you follow Hudson Valley Weather but he just posted their first forecast.. I'm happy with it.

http://www.hudsonvalleyweather.com/

I do follow them fr time to time. I thought that breakdown map of the region was a good idea and pretty dead on for the weather each typically gets. That said, I like that map too ;)

Like I said a day ago, I'm riding the euro till it proves me wrong..that swath of 10-15" will happen and could even be greater depending on exact track

I think I'm speaking objectively (though I can never be sure) when I say I think we see a few 2' reports. We have the front end snows that look to seamlessly transition to heavy wraparound banding, assuming nothing crazy happens and we avoid dryslots/rain. The 4km NAM sim radar paints a pretty picture of what most of the models are suggesting in a big band of heavy snow setting up as the low begins pulling away. It's looking like 18 hours of precip.

post-3401-0-90813900-1392170105_thumb.pn

I think I'm speaking objectively (though I can never be sure) when I say I think we see a few 2' reports. We have the front end snows that look to seamlessly transition to heavy wraparound banding, assuming nothing crazy happens and we avoid dryslots/rain. The 4km NAM sim radar paints a pretty picture of what most of the models are suggesting in a big band of heavy snow setting up as the low begins pulling away. It's looking like 18 hours of precip.

nam4km_ref_neus_18.png

I totally agree... GGEM shows hour after hour of heavy banding at 1-3" per hr for most Hudson valley... Even heavy snows with wrap around banding.. However I would be cautious of wrap around bands as they often dry out as the storm pulls northeast

Nam came up southeast big time crushing NYC and who woulda guessed the weenies are back out of the woods... Total joke

That is not a total crush to my eyes for I 95. They flip rain at hour 43.

NAM should be best tomorrow at 12 Z.

Anyway maybe a slight shift N&W on this run with QPF for this thread.

Best

Archived