Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it has the "new data"! A bad model is bad no matter how good its initialization was.

Advisory snows north of 84 on that run.

It's kinda weird how the back end snows are very healthy from hours 45-51 in Central New England as well as along the Delmarva, but they seem to be lacking in SE NY, E PA and W NJ.  Something to do with the dynamics?  Or the NAM just isn't seeing it?

OC Snowz going crazy in the main model thread lol... Bottomline is the NAM is useless regardless of which hr/run it is. As long as the GGEM/UK/Euro maintain then its all good in my book

Someone posted a message from the NWS today that basically said to ignore the NAM beyond day 1.  I suspect that was based on one specific model run, but it's probably mostly true anyways.

Thankfully, the NAM is one of the first model runs and not the last.

It's kinda weird how the back end snows are very healthy from hours 45-51 in Central New England as well as along the Delmarva, but they seem to be lacking in SE NY, E PA and W NJ. Something to do with the dynamics? Or the NAM just isn't seeing it?

Someone posted a message from the NWS today that basically said to ignore the NAM beyond day 1. I suspect that was based on one specific model run, but it's probably mostly true anyways.

Thankfully, the NAM is one of the first model runs and not the last.

Not to mention the NAM keeps phasing with the kicker and i don't see how that's gonna happen

It's funny how a random poster that contributes nothing all day says the nam is soooooo consistent so when I disagree with him and point out the fact they're hugging each run that shows snow for NYC metro I'm like an outcast lol

If you have a problem with me and what I said PM me.

Otherwise lets hope the trends work out so all of us.. NYC/SNE/Hudson Valley etc get a good snowstorm.

certainly not all snow for nyc.  part of the heavy precip they are sleet or rain

Based on that run, they flip as they dry slot.  But not after a pretty hefty front end thump.  The northern sections of our area would miss a lot of that front end, but pick up some accumulations on the backside as it looks like we wouldn't dry slot.  4km NAM snow maps show our entire area at 10"+ regardless.

Probably wasted too much time talking about the NAM as it is.  

If you have a problem with me and what I said PM me.

Otherwise lets hope the trends work out so all of us.. NYC/SNE/Hudson Valley etc get a good snowstorm.

The NAM is more accurate now, yes? Also, isn't it at least a little hard to ignore that this model has been very,very consistent?

U weren't even the individual I was referring to.. This was the post I was citing........

And if u think they're taking a non bias look into the forecast in that other thread ur nuts... Now they're in there calling it a south east trend... Look up wishcasting and get back to me

Like a lot of us suburban people I was born in the city and moved to the OC as a kid in the 70's.

There is a reason why NYC has a lot of $300 an hour therapists- just saying lol

And if u think they're taking a non bias look into the forecast in that other thread ur nuts... Now they're in there calling it a south east trend... Look up wishcasting and get back to me

Dude, your complaining is kinda killing this thread. Please, just drop it. People come here to get away from the other bullsh*t. Not to mention your extrapolation attempt was pretty awful on this page...leave the whining to the other thread.

Or u could troll a post I made 25 min ago that was done and over with until u just brought it up...enjoy the storm and stop writing me thanks

Im not trolling, im asking you to stop whining in here. If you cant handle being wrong about something, maybe reconsider calling out other people for the same offenses. Ill enjoy the storm, thanks...and ill respond here as i see fit. Put me on ignore if you cant deal with that.

I'm fairly certain most posters in this thread are with me in agreement that those other threads are the laughing stock of this forum...ur the second poster that found the need to follow me into this thread and bring up something that I did drop so how about u drop it

"Follow you"? You need to relax, man. Im just as much a part of this forum as you, and i dont care who else is in agreement with you, i just asked that since you have made your pount NUMEROUS times, to stop mucking up the thread and to move on.

Ok I was wrong. the NAMS been so consistent with every run it hasn't wavered in anyway nor has it been the only model to show a pos tilt but it's so correct and I was so wrong lol ur getting put on ignore bye

Are you 12? I never said you were wrong about the NAMs inconsistencies. Running away is childish, but i guess itll do. Have a nice night.

Archived