• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

I'm worried about that GL kicker pushing the storm too east, but models as of now do not appear to weighing that too heavy. I wonder what larger influences tick this thing more west into a true coastal hugger.

I read somewhere earlier today how that is just coming ashore and hasn't been sampled much so we'll see how that sampling affects the trend.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone to deny the west trend is blind lol.. All models are trending to guess who?

Prior to joining, I lurked on this site for a couple years.  I pretty much always followed the New England forum (this sub-forum was not as active in the past as it has been this year) as their interpretation is much more logical, scientific, and not so IMBY-driven.  Plus they have mets that post on a regular basis, unlike the NY Metro forum in which mets typically only post during a significant event.  The banter in the NE forum can get a little out of hand, but at least it's entertaining banter.

Prior to joining, I lurked on this site for a couple years. I pretty much always followed the New England forum (this sub-forum was not as active in the past as it has been this year) as their interpretation is much more logical, scientific, and not so IMBY-driven. Plus they have mets that post on a regular basis, unlike the NY Metro forum in which mets typically only post during a significant event. The banter in the NE forum can get a little out of hand, but at least it's entertaining banter.

Myself along with irishrob, hudsonvalley, and a few others pushed for this thread a few yrs ago cause it was obvious we needed it. It's nice to finally see this thread active on a consistent basis. We have a solid posting core in here now and it continues to grow. Good times ahead!

Prior to joining, I lurked on this site for a couple years. I pretty much always followed the New England forum (this sub-forum was not as active in the past as it has been this year) as their interpretation is much more logical, scientific, and not so IMBY-driven. Plus they have mets that post on a regular basis, unlike the NY Metro forum in which mets typically only post during a significant event. The banter in the NE forum can get a little out of hand, but at least it's entertaining banter.

I typically lurk over there for the same reasons plus I was born in NH so I have an interest in the weather up there.

As for the GFS it's known to do this with storms, being too far SE and then trend west. There's no promise this will happen again and there have been upgrades to it which makes it better so we'll see what happens. Folks love to toss the model that doesn't show their desired outcome. Like White Gorilla said earlier, enjoy the ride.

This is from NWS Binghamton, but I found it interesting:

245 PM UPDATE...
H5 TROF WL BE MVG THRU THE SRN PLAIN AND INDUCE CYCLOGENESIS ACRS
THE NRN GULF BY 18Z WED. LATEST MED RANGE GUIDANCE IN TWO DIFFERENT
CAMPS WITH NEWD MVMNT OF IMPENDING COASTAL STORM. ALL MODELS
INDICATE A GNRLY MVMNT WITH THE SFC LOW FM PANHANDLE OF FLORIDA AT
00Z THUR TO CAPE COD BY 00Z FRIDAY, SKIRTING THE NC COAST 12Z
THURSDAY. DIFFERENCES REVOLVE ARND HOW FAR WEST THE PCPN CAN WRAP
BACK ARND. 12Z GFS AND NAM HOLD ONTO DRY AIR FM THE SFC HIGH
LONGER THAN DOES THE EC AND CMC. EC IS ALSO MORE BULLISH WITH H5
LOW AND HOW QUICKLY IT GOES NEGATIVELY-TILTED WITH DEFORMATION
BAND PROGGED ACRS PORTION OF THE AREA THUR AFTN. INTERESTING TO
NOTE THAT EURO HAS BEEN FLIP-FLOPPING QUITE A BIT OVR THE PAST
SEVERAL RUNS WHILE GFS HAS STAYED THE COURSE WITH A FURTHER EAST
TRACK.
HWVR, SYSTEM IN QUESTION STILL HAS NOT COME ONSHORE ACRS
THE BRITISH COLUMBIA COAST AND IS NOT YET IN THE UPR AIR NETWORK
SO ALL OF THIS CUD CHANGE.

AS IT STANDS NOW, HV BLENDED IN THE GMOS WITH THE EURO FOR THE
GRIDS, WHICH INDICATES LKLY POPS ACRS THE FAR SOUTHEAST ZONES ON
THURSDAY. FOR NOW, HV CALLED IT SNOW AND WL ALLOW LATER SHIFTS TO
PIN DOWN PTYPE FOR THIS POTENTIAL EVENT, WHICH WE ARE NOT EVEN SURE
WE WILL RECEIVE YET.

I've only been following the last couple days, but has the GFS really been more consistent than the Euro with this system?

Archived