joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the mid levels are warm... Check out the thicknesses

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/sfctest/new/viewsector.php?sector=16#

Yup- one thing I know from experience is that with these big nor'easters there always seems to be a period of sleet at some point. At least here in Monroe is what I have seen over the years. Lots of dynamics to these systems.

I think we are in for a really wild ride later tonight. It looks like a squall line might move through the tri-state area with thunderstorms and heavy rain/sleet changing to very heavy snow.

Right until the bitter end this storm continues to be a forecasting challenge it seems.

I still have steady sleet blowing around here in Monroe. Would hate to see rain but either way we should see more white before it's over. Then possibly a few inches on Sat. Been a hell of a two week run, that's for sure!

I think heavy precip will induce dynamic cooling, so any mixed precip will flash to heavy snow.

Our 850's are between 0 and +2 in most of the region per the SPC meso map, and we still have a little time before the banding sets up, so I think we'll be ok, though we may lose an hour or two to sleet or mixed precip.  

Archived