joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Storm Disco/Obs (Dec 18th & 19th) ---> Part 2

WeatherNC

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon guys, disappointing for me up here on Long Island as yesterdays 12z runs showed a hit but the overwhelming consensus now is for a miss to the east. I am sitll rooting for the SE and will be keeping an eye on things as I always do! I like the look of the 18z NAM for snow lovers but I would caution we need consistency.. dont worry about QPFs right now. Yesterdays system proved model QPF were placed wrong and this has to with Bulk Microphysical Parametrizations of ice-cloud processes and precipitation processes and if they are not simulated right the QPF field is not reliable. Seeing .5 of liquid equivalent in RDU when most NAM runs and even the GFS had nothing more than a few tenths shows not to rely on just the QPF field. I like the look of the soundings and the 18z NAM has good veritcal motion and saturation in the snow growth zone late Saturday afternoon into the evening from central NC north.

I won't hate, hope you get in on the action as well! Brad P. on WCNC is already talking about the "new information".

I still may do a token chase tomorrow afternoon and into Sunday in the area towards my NE, if it looks promising to verify at warning criteria. Relatively short travel and expenses for a one night stay would be worth some Sunday am sledding action!

I still may do a token chase tomorrow afternoon and into Sunday in the area towards my NE, if it looks promising to verify at warning criteria. Relatively short travel and expenses for a one night stay would be worth some Sunday am sledding action!

If CLT looks to be the winner you're free to stay with me dude.

Talking dirty to us, aren't you? :pimp:

Afternoon guys, disappointing for me up here on Long Island as yesterdays 12z runs showed a hit but the overwhelming consensus now is for a miss to the east. I am sitll rooting for the SE and will be keeping an eye on things as I always do! I like the look of the 18z NAM for snow lovers but I would caution we need consistency.. dont worry about QPFs right now. Yesterdays system proved model QPF were placed wrong and this has to with Bulk Microphysical Parametrizations of ice-cloud processes and precipitation processes and if they are not simulated right the QPF field is not reliable. Seeing .5 of liquid equivalent in RDU when most NAM runs and even the GFS had nothing more than a few tenths shows not to rely on just the QPF field. I like the look of the soundings and the 18z NAM has good veritcal motion and saturation in the snow growth zone late Saturday afternoon into the evening from central NC north.

Archived