amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2013 Mt. Holly CWA Convection Thread

SouthernNJ

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing is going to happen in PA the line will be far south of DC and he cloud cover will limit even that.

That's a pretty bold statement. I do think the mcs could have an influence on how far North the wf can advance, just not sure how much. I wouldn't be ready to write off pa just yet.

Out here in Atlantic City, did observe it getting really dark and the skies really opened up.  Torrential downpours and visibility down to nohting.  Did observe some small pea size hail for a couple of minutes.  Did get pretty windy. 

Side note, back home, of all times my weather station is offline.  Darn connecting must be going, so have no idea how strong the winds were back in Voorhees.  Curious if anyone out there measured any winds..

Anyway, let's see how round 2 could be shaping up. 

I am becoming interested in E-C, SE PA into the Delaware Valley / C&S NJ for later this afternoon. Excellent differential cyclonic vorticity advection and deep layer shear with BL recovery likely. The only thing I would say is watch the surface winds as the low moves erratically south/east. The warm sector will likely become largely unidirectional but any backing locally would significantly enlarge hodographs near strongest pressure falls/warm front.

I am becoming interested in E-C, SE PA into the Delaware Valley / C&S NJ for later this afternoon. Excellent differential cyclonic vorticity advection and deep layer shear with BL recovery likely. The only thing I would say is watch the surface winds as the low moves erratically south/east. The warm sector will likely become largely unidirectional but any backing locally would significantly enlarge hodographs near strongest pressure falls/warm front.

HM, we have sun and about 75-80 now in Harrisburg/Hershey area. But I'm thinking I wanna chase from rising sun md to Newark Delaware. Would that seem like a good corridor in your opinion? Also any ideas on timing? I gotta get moving.

Archived