joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a fabrication. Would you like to count your posts in the May Pattern Thread or would you like me to do it?

23 bro.

You still calling that barely?

Potentially.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Exactly. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Come on, Carver, admit it.  That was a funny post right there!  You know that you just spit whatever you're drinking all over your computer screen. And, that makes the entire exchange worthwhile banter, by definition!   :D

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Come on, Carver, admit it. That was a funny post right there! You know that you just spit whatever you're drinking all over your computer screen. And, that makes the entire exchange worthwhile banter, by definition! :D

Actually, trolling a quality board does not bring much humor to mind. Trivializing a serious problem is the mistake of small minded people like yourself.

To be clear, I am saying you are trolling the entire SE forum...not just the banter. Like I said, we just want you to grow-up.

In Carver's defense, There is a thread already devoted to the Global Warming debate. We strive to keep our discussions in the proper threads. Otherwise, this place would become chaotic.

Actually, trolling a quality board does not bring much humor to mind. Trivializing a serious problem is the mistake of small minded people like yourself.

Wow.  Chill out, man.  I may have a small mind, but it's not the size the matters.  It's how I use it!   :)

Seriously now, are you going to keep flinging insults left and right, hitting innocent bystanders in your stream of language?   :o

I'm not defending Melallicwx's posts, but you're just feeding the fire by continuing to engage.  And, what did I do to earn an insult from you?  I'll choose to pretend that didn't happen, because I tend to think you put up some pretty high-quality posts of your own, typically.  That was an aberration.  I harbor no ill will toward you and hope you feel the same.

Wow.  Chill out, man.  I may have a small mind, but it's not the size the matters.  It's how I use it!   :)

Seriously now, are you going to keep flinging insults left and right, hitting innocent bystanders in your stream of language?   :o

I'm not defending Melallicwx's posts, but you're just feeding the fire by continuing to engage.  And, what did I do to earn an insult from you?  I'll choose to pretend that didn't happen, because I tend to think you put up some pretty high-quality posts of your own, typically.  That was an aberration.  I harbor no ill will toward you and hope you feel the same.

You are either with the trolls or against them...if we don't speak up this board will be ruined.

Dude ok. I'll will change my ways or whatever you want me to do. I won't ever post lol or :lmao: after any post that I feel is funny. I won't ever post in the discussion thread unless I feel I am adding to the discussion. I won't ever post in the obs thread unless its raining in my area or I report my monthly total. I will never say anything of or relating to AGW. Will you stop acting crazy now?

Dude ok. I'll will change my ways or whatever you want me to do. I won't ever post lol or :lmao: after any post that I feel is funny. I won't ever post in the discussion thread unless I feel I am adding to the discussion. I won't ever post in the obs thread unless its raining in my area or I report my monthly total. I will never say anything of or relating to AGW. Will you stop acting crazy now?

Potentially.

It is virtually impossible to have a real conversation with people who believe in Global Warming. I've never encountered a believer of that religion yet who wasn't eager to descend into name-calling, ad hominem, or anything else to avoid an honest debate of the issue.

The truth of the matter is that we are currently in an Ice Age called the Quaternary glaciation an are in an interglacial called the Holocene. It is only a matter of time before we return to a much colder climate.

Global warming is real the better question would be : is man causing the current warming that is undeniably present. I for one say yes. The rate that CO2 has risen fits pretty well into the warming we have seen over the last 100 or so years. The science is very clear if you add a certain amount of CO2 to the system you will see warming. It's not debatable at all if you believe the science of CO2.

While I am a believer in AGW I do not support the extreme folks such as Vergent (since banned) Frivolousz21 or any other extremist on the subject. i assure you there are more people like me than the wingnuts on the side that believes in AGW. Just because a group is the loudest (and most obnoxious) IMO doesn't mean the represent the majority of people on (our side)

I will hold off my response while I read the document you posted.

(I've got a standard response for this stage in the debate drafted, but figured I would do my due diligence and see if there is anything new in the WHO document).

OMFreakinG!!!! :angry: WTH has gone on here in the past 24 hrs? I suggest everyone take a deep breath and find a reason to smile before posting any more crap. If I wanted to listen to a bunch of bi*ching and whining, I'd become a therapist. <_<

That's what those cutoff lows do.

That's what those cutoff lows do.

:lol:  Indeed  :P  

Well...to get things back on track....here's a few pics from our 24th annual crawfish boil  :D  In all 24 years, there has never been a need for a jacket and I can't remember the last time I had to wear jeans. Temps in the low 60's, cloudy, with a E/NE breeze at 15-20 made for a great afternoon :hug: 

Fm26zr7.jpg

8oCCX3I.jpg

VONNMI8.jpg

j1OhcXG.jpg

I will hold off my response while I read the document you posted.

(I've got a standard response for this stage in the debate drafted, but figured I would do my due diligence and see if there is anything new in the WHO document).

I could post tons of documents to prove the world has been warming or that co2 does cause warming. I honestly don't have the time or effort in me anymore. I posted some widely accepted facts the only opinion in there is that man has contributed to the warming. I'm not here to educate anyone or try to force my views on anyone. My opinion is just that an opinion, although there were mainly facts in there. If you so choose to follow up on my post by researching the claims i am saying are facts good for you if not i honestly don't care. I do find it funny your op was one complaining that you aren't capable of debating the other side because of name calling and attacks and you followed up my diplomatic post with a smart comment. I invite you to come to the climate forum for a real debate, I don't believe it's allowed in here. I don't visit often anymore but if you want to venture over I'd be glad to meet you there.

Random question time!! Why are convertibles unsafe compared to hard topped cars if struck by lightning?

The more fully inclosed by the metal skin of a car you are the better the chance it will function as, at least a partial, Faraday cage.  Cars with fiberglass bodies, like the Corvette, not so much.

Are you happy now?

Sent from my VL-110 using Tapatalk HD

I won't be if this continues :angry:  

I could post tons of documents to prove the world has been warming or that co2 does cause warming. I honestly don't have the time or effort in me anymore. I posted some widely accepted facts the only opinion in there is that man has contributed to the warming. I'm not here to educate anyone or try to force my views on anyone. My opinion is just that an opinion, although there were mainly facts in there. If you so choose to follow up on my post by researching the claims i am saying are facts good for you if not i honestly don't care. I do find it funny your op was one complaining that you aren't capable of debating the other side because of name calling and attacks and you followed up my diplomatic post with a smart comment. I invite you to come to the climate forum for a real debate, I don't believe it's allowed in here. I don't visit often anymore but if you want to venture over I'd be glad to meet you there.

That would be correct ;)   

The more fully inclosed by the metal skin of a car you are the better the chance it will function as, at least a partial, Faraday cage.  Cars with fiberglass bodies, like the Corvette, not so much.

Winner  ^_^

Well...to get things back on track....here's a few pics from our 24th annual crawfish boil   :D  In all 24 years, there has never been a need for a jacket and I can't remember the last time I had to wear jeans. Temps in the low 60's, cloudy, with a E/NE breeze at 15-20 made for a great afternoon :hug:

Great looking pics, Buckey.  Low country boil?  Yum.  And yes, the breeze made it chilly here in TN this weekend as well. 

Great looking pics, Buckey.  Low country boil?  Yum.  And yes, the breeze made it chilly here in TN this weekend as well. 

Not the Low Country Boil  ;)   We started 24 years ago with 75 lbs of crawfish (from NOLA) and about 7 people. Now we get over 400 lbs (from NOLA) of crawfish eaten by about 75-100 peeps. Red beans and rice, shrimp creole, jambalaya, spicy meatballs, potato salad, empanada's, cornbread, macaroni salad, and every dessert you could possibly imagine. It's awesome  :D 

Not the Low Country Boil   ;)   We started 24 years ago with 75 lbs of crawfish (from NOLA) and about 7 people. Now we get over 400 lbs (from NOLA) of crawfish eaten by about 75-100 peeps. Red beans and rice, shrimp creole, jambalaya, spicy meatballs, potato salad, empanada's, cornbread, macaroni salad, and every dessert you could possibly imagine. It's awesome   :D

Made me hungry just looking at it.  Wow.  Good stuff.  Temps were a bit different than last year it sounds.  FWIW, my garden is going to go in 7-10 days late. 

Archived