joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring 2013 Thread

klw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For instance, CON's long term average is May 15 and we begin the program for Merrimack County on May 20.

I understand the freeze/frost program, but does that mean the climo is based solely on just reaching 32F or is there more to it? (like 3 straight hours of below 32F, etc). Maybe I'm not explaining myself well. I'm not talking about what goes into determining when to issue advisories...just if simply reaching 32F is the criteria for a site to achieve there first/final freeze of a season.

In the mank here, Not expecting much of anything except more showers

Same in AUG as well as MBY.  Low of near 40 and high in upper (maybe) 50s means about -7 compared to avg, which would pull May down to -0.4.  Still anticipate tomorrow-Fri to bring the month to a bit on the plus side.

Same in AUG as well as MBY.  Low of near 40 and high in upper (maybe) 50s means about -7 compared to avg, which would pull May down to -0.4.  Still anticipate tomorrow-Fri to bring the month to a bit on the plus side.

Yeah, the next 2 days should bite into those negative departures some with temps in the mid to high 80's

Records back to 1884...wettest May on record. Pretty impressive.

RECORD REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT

753 PM EDT WED MAY 29 2013

...WETTEST MAY ON RECORD FOR BURLINGTON VERMONT...

A NEW MONTHLY PRECIPITATION RECORD FOR THE MONTH OF MAY WAS SET

TODAY IN BURLINGTON VERMONT. 8.74 INCHES OF PRECIPITATION HAS FALLEN

IN BURLINGTON VERMONT FOR THE MONTH OF MAY. THIS BREAKS THE

PREVIOUS MONTHLY PRECIPITATION RECORD FOR MAY OF 8.67 INCHES SET

IN 2011. CLIMATE RECORDS FOR BURLINGTON VERMONT GO BACK TO 1884.

IF ANY ADDITIONAL PRECIPITATION OCCURS BETWEEN NOW AND THE END OF

THIS MONTH...THAN AN UPDATED REPORT WILL BE SENT.

84.3F/53.2F for the day here...already back down to 70.9F. We finally get a night with the windows open for awhile.

Tomorrow should be interesting. MOS is puking out 97-99F for the S NH big 3 and 92-95F at LCI-LEB. The CON record is 39F in 1987 & 1937 so there's a good chance it gets broken. Earliest 90F+ for CON is way back in April -- 4/16/2012...although some locations tickled 90F in that infamous day on 3/31/1998.

84.3F/53.2F for the day here...already back down to 70.9F. We finally get a night with the windows open for awhile.

Tomorrow should be interesting. MOS is puking out 97-99F for the S NH big 3 and 92-95F at LCI-LEB. The CON record is 39F in 1987 & 1937 so there's a good chance it gets broken. Earliest 90F+ for CON is way back in April -- 4/16/2012...although some locations tickled 90F in that infamous day on 3/31/1998.

oh, like last weekend? ;)

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw that BTV's first 90F reading was during that same April stretch in 2012. 

Lnly reached 78 at my place, at least on the instrument next to the lilac bush.  Coming back from mosquito-rich Tunk Lake country, the car thermometer was 82 in Franklin, climbing to 88 in AUG, all a bit high as official AUG topped out at 85.  Back down to low 50s this morning, a common trend for early season heat - same airmass/H85s in late July and the low remains above 60.

I like this from the morning AFD update from BTV.  Got to love it when the pros are stumped.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BTV&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

AS OF 654 AM EDT FRIDAY...QUICK UPDATE TO ADD SOME LOW CHANCES FOR
A FEW SHOWERS/ISOLATED STORMS THIS MORNING ACROSS OUR NRN TIER OF
COUNTIES TO ACCOUNT FOR SMALL CLUSTER OF CONVECTION WHICH HAS
BLOSSOMED OVER THE PAST HOUR TO HOUR AND A HALF. HARD TO FIND ANY
REASON AS TO WHY THIS IS OCCURRING
OTHER THAN PERHAPS SOME SLIGHT
CONVERGENCE AND/OR THETA-E BOUNDARY IN THE SLV.

Looks like possibly the best May 31st ever is in progress.

Pretty warm for 10am...already in the 80s up here.  Its sort of interesting but right now there's a bunch of stations in the 700-1000ft range around Mount Mansfield that are running a tick warmer right now, with other areas in the upper 70s.

Pretty warm for 10am...already in the 80s up here.  Its sort of interesting but right now there's a bunch of stations in the 700-1000ft range around Mount Mansfield that are running a tick warmer right now, with other areas in the upper 70s.

attachicon.gifimage24.png

I really love that image.  Nice high resolution.

What's that formula I've heard about for estimating the days high temp?  I think it was 11am temps + 10 degrees? 

Would give me a high of 93.

Monthly precipitation for May... the Stowe spotters came in with 6.21" (Stowe Village CoCoRAHS) and 6.60" (which I believe is in Stowe Hollow/Waterbury Center line).  Mansfield summit was the 9.46" I believe.

Western Slope of the Bolton-Mansfield stretch of the Spine took home the Golden Swamp Award this month.  In general, the northern tier of Vermont had a damp month, especially the second half.

485635_481609315244308_1286756439_n.png

Archived