joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/7-3/8 lgt snow/rain obs

tombo82685

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EWR so far has .77" for the day. I think that's closer to the NAM/SREFs than any other models

New Brunswick weather station has 0.52" , though I'm not sure if that's all melted

http://synoptic.envsci.rutgers.edu/site/

Once again, more NAM-like in North/Central Jersey 

The EWR readings don't look quite right to me...  I'll wait til the CoCoRaHS reports come in tomorrow to judge.

Same as far as the Rugters site.

Nothing beats manual measurements when it comes to determining ratios.

remember april 7, 2003? i measured 7" in the middle of the road at 3pm.

the persistence of this storm today is seriously impressive. too bad it wasnt colder.... not complaining tho.

Yeah that was very impressive also. I'm around 7 now. Approaching what I got in the February storm. This last band is adding to the total. What a great bust

Amazing that the "kicker" wave that caused round 1 to go south is the same feature to pull round 2 even more west than modeled. It is a very rare thing for this to work out like today and usually 1 pushes out the other and that's the end of it. It is a testament to the kind of blocking we are dealing with here.

We're now officially melting faster than we're accumulating.  3.4" at 12:20 pm, which is down from 3.8" an hour ago.  Therefore, I'll submit 3.8" as the storm total for Bensalem.

Hit 35.3, but now back down to 34.6.

Where are you at in Bensalem? Probably use your final since I won't be home until 6:00 or so.....

3.8" would put me at 19.7" for the season, going to be tough to give this winter a D grade with that total

Yeah that was very impressive also. I'm around 7 now. Approaching what I got in the February storm. This last band is adding to the total. What a great bust

it's undoubtedly cleared 6" here.... but under 7.

it's like this thing has an e-zpass right down the turnpike.

i guess i cant b**ch about this winter anymore.... with three 6+ events

it's undoubtedly cleared 6" here.... but under 7.

it's like this thing has an e-zpass right down the turnpike.

i guess i cant b**ch about this winter anymore.... with three 6+ events

This event really favored our area. I had that one band sit over me for a whole. Would make sense I have one more inch. Great storm for middlesex county

This event really favored our area. I had that one band sit over me for a whole. Would make sense I have one more inch. Great storm for middlesex county

it was interesting watching all night as subsidence just to our northeast stayed there, while the snow kept regenerating over middlesex county.  great luck for us. ....and it just keeps coming down.

That band over Monmouth county looks good along the parkway. Kinda wish I was back home to enjoy it. #rayproblems

NW Monmouth just missed out on that heavy blob. At least in Marlboro anyway. But that was a serious band that set up there for the rest of Monmouth. About a half hour ago, wife back home said we were still at 4.6 inches since early this morning. Melting on contact I guess now, even on top of snow!! ha ha ha There's one more heavier band just to the north of Monmouth now that may or may not clip us. However my wife is not home to measure anymore anyway so whatever falls will surely melt by the time one of us gets home.

Amazing that the "kicker" wave that caused round 1 to go south is the same feature to pull round 2 even more west than modeled. It is a very rare thing for this to work out like today and usually 1 pushes out the other and that's the end of it. It is a testament to the kind of blocking we are dealing with here.

Noticed that last night around 2am when the banding orientation shifted from NE to SW to NNE to SSW. 

NW Monmouth just missed out on that heavy blob. At least in Marlboro anyway. But that was a serious band that set up there for the rest of Monmouth. About a half hour ago, wife back home said we were still at 4.6 inches since early this morning. Melting on contact I guess now, even on top of snow!! ha ha ha There's one more heavier band just to the north of Monmouth now that may or may not clip us. However my wife is not home to measure anymore anyway so whatever falls will surely melt by the time one of us gets home.

It clipped Freehold pretty good, Mohawkvally reported over 6" in the middle of it, so I can image 7" tops before it let up and likely compacted by now. 

Seems like the same areas that cashed in the beginning of winter in early Nov. are finishing the winter in the same fashion.

Conversely those in the screw zone in Nov. like western Chesco do so again.

Yep, pretty much. Grand total of 16 mangled flakes in Lanco with both parts.

Where are you at in Bensalem? Probably use your final since I won't be home until 6:00 or so.....

3.8" would put me at 19.7" for the season, going to be tough to give this winter a D grade with that total

Right by the mall, near Bristol & Neshaminy Blvd.  And anyway we're up to 36.6 with a rain/snow mix now, so that's definitely the total.

Archived