• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Potential Winter Storm March 6-7

NEG NAO

Every single coastal system this year has trended north last minute...everyone fails to realize this. Granted, we have a very long ways to go...the 18z American suite has been God awful and this could be a blip.

The common theme this winter is more Northern Stream involvement. Remember that for this storm.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every single coastal system this year has trended north last minute...everyone fails to realize this. Granted, we have a very long ways to go...the 18z American suite has been God awful and this could be a blip.

It's nice that it came north but essentially we'd be looking at light to moderate snow and temps in the mid 30s during the middle of the day.

I'll tell you guys what. Just looking at the 18z GFS h5 maps its hard to imagine that depiction not bringing significant precipitation to NYC and areas further north. Not saying a HECS or anything. But a few inches of snow? Not a fantasy

It's nice that it came north but essentially we'd be looking at light to moderate snow and temps in the mid 30s during the middle of the day.

Gfs has .7" for Queens and much more for LI.

Most falls at night.

Either way, this is a good step.

Not if this comes later in the day/evening. NAM thermals are plenty cold for all snow

Well At least there is SOME hope for immediate TRi state area going into Tonights Runs and more importantly tomorrows Runs. If tonights Runs don't all Bow to Euro than at least their is still hope for last minute trend North. Not like Major Precip is 300 miles away. The Heaviest Stuff is only 50 to 100 Miles South now. Even as it is a couple of the Models Show parts of the Tri- state getting into some Mod to heavy precip. 

Looking goods guys, I don't want to to say I told you so yet but were getting there. =) Just need the 0z Guidance to confirm the trend is real.

- Its amazing how its always the 18z GFS that telegraphs a shift in the storm first.

Northern stream almost phased on this run

With a weaker block we would get more interaction between the streams and a further NW extension of the precip shield.

The euro ensemble mean looks like a good blocking compromise at this point between the stronger OP and weaker GFS.

So I leave and all the models are trending north? I still want to see the euro on our side..this just shows that nothing is set on stone yet.

Hopefully tomorrow we start to see final trends one way or the other, but I would still say we're in the game and don't need a huge shift. My major concern would still be the coastal impacts from a deeper and more wound up low. The NAM has 40+ knot winds over the NJ coastal waters, which would generate huge pounding waves and surge. The beach here now is basically a bunch of mounds of sand that are still being sifted through and concrete pilings where the boardwalk used to be. Wouldn't take a lot to flood a lot of us again.

18z GFS also has a monster block developing over Southeast Canada by next weekend with -10C 850s all the way down to the NC/SC border in the longer range. Looks like there may be a piece of energy in the STJ that could affect the area around 3/13. This run also wants to develop an Alaska block in the fantasy range and deliver another powerful cold shot around 3/20.

March looks to be a more wintry one than we've seen lately...

18z GFS also has a monster block developing over Southeast Canada by next weekend with -10C 850s all the way down to the NC/SC border in the longer range. Looks like there may be a piece of energy in the STJ that could affect the area around 3/13. This run also wants to develop an Alaska block in the fantasy range and deliver another powerful cold shot around 3/20.

March looks to be a more wintry one than we've seen lately...

Happy anniversary! The 0z Euro should be interesting to see what it shows. Personally I think the philly area will be the winners as the N trend slowly continues,

All models?  hardly..

JMA,SREF,NAM,GFS,GEFS, ( Nogaps was close to a full phase ) vs Euro, Euro ensembles,Ukie and GGEM.

Happy anniversary! The 0z Euro should be interesting to see what it shows. Personally I think the philly area will be the winners as the N trend slowly continues,

Quite possible

I'm still pretty wary, but the trends for a piece of the ULL coming down are certainly very encouraging. That's our main player here, as it would actually allow this to climb the coast somewhat. Additionally, the precipitation field would be able to expand a bit. 

I'm intrigued but still cautious at this point.

Archived