joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its an insane run...its NAM...and i will take it with a grain of salt...however, im feeling pretty confident come saturday night there are going to be a lot of happy people in the area

Agree. I willing to bet most areas double there seasonal snowfall and the biggest storm since jan 2011

its an insane run...its NAM...and i will take it with a grain of salt...however, im feeling pretty confident come saturday night there are going to be a lot of happy people in the area

yeah i am sure nam is doing its usual one rn with absurd qpf, id cut the amounts by maybe 40%and that might be a better estimate.

its an insane run...its NAM...and i will take it with a grain of salt...however, im feeling pretty confident come saturday night there are going to be a lot of happy people in the area

Lol, you and a few others were taking it as gospel when it looked like garbage for us in prior runs but now that is getting a clue on what the Euro has been cooking for 7 runs+ pretty much, it is to be taken with a grain of salt. Gotta love the double standard. I never take it too seriously no matter what it shows and this run for me is no different. Would be spectacular if it verified but I only will believe it if every other major model comes in similar or better at today's 12z, 18z, 0z and tomorrow's 6z with the SREF's sprinkled in during the off hours if that is even possible lol.

So nam is only good when it shows good things.

Got it.

I think it's more everyone is excited that one of the scenarios that brings us very little snow has been taken off the table basically.  Even though no one really trusted it...I'm sure everyone was nervous in the back of their minds...and now the NAM finally joins other guidance.

just gazed at the skew-t's at JFK from hours 39-48...the ratios might be pretty damn good (by that i mean amazing) at h7 the temps are about -12...i think thats about as perfect as it gets for snow growth...would love to see those cool charts that show omega

FYI - there is a warm nose between 800-900mbs across the entire area at h36 (HPN rides the 0C line at that time)

just gazed at the skew-t's at JFK from hours 39-48...the ratios might be pretty damn good (by that i mean amazing) at h7 the temps are about -12...i think thats about as perfect as it gets for snow growth...would love to see those cool charts that show omega

FYI - there is a warm nose between 800-900mbs across the entire area at h36

If that warm nose is close enough to 0C, then the heavy precip should help to cool that off, IMO. Of course, a lack of heavy precip would not be able to do that, but considering what we're seeing on the models now... 

Archived