joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 19-20 Talking Points - Part 3

earthlight

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's only through Sunday evening correct?

That does show the "significant" snowstorm they were talking about from the city on east. I would say that 0.5 qpf is the border of what I would call "significant" with 12:1 ratios, that's 6 inches. Peak of 0.86, which would be around 10 inches.... so there's your forecast of 6-10" right there (if that's what theyre thinking.)

That does show the "significant" snowstorm they were talking about from the city on east. I would say that 0.5 qpf is the border of what I would call "significant" with 12:1 ratios, that's 6 inches. Peak of 0.86, which would be around 10 inches.... so there's your forecast of 6-10" right there (if that's what theyre thinking.)

Anything east of Hackettstown,NJ looks to be in that 0.5 qpf range at this point

Thats only to 7pm Sunday...

Onto the GFS now. I think we'll see some more swings both ways the next two cycles before more of a consensus tomorrow afternoon. I was abit disappointed the GGEM ensembles were east, but they too trended better than prior runs. Lets hope subsequent runs cotninrue the trend.

I'm thinking the Euro was a bit too extreme today..18z nam went the opposite way and it looks like the 18z gfs is trending less amplified than 12z, also the opposite way. very interesting.

Definitely looks less amplified on the 18z GFS compared to the 12z GFS...southern stream isn't digging as much although the PV position may be slightly more advantageous.

For the millionth time, it has been shown that for years now the 06Z/18Z runs are just as accurate as 12Z and 00Z runs.

that has to be one of the top weenie phrases :lol: i love the fact that people tell themselves that to make themselves feel better or have more hope...it's not true at all.

Archived